Meet & Greet Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet & Greet Schedule

I wasn't able to make the January M&G and I was wondering if there was set schedule for monthly M&G. Where,when, who is hosting.
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Here is what was posted after the January event at Arundel Mills. The original post is at http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...-12-2012/page2

Here is the 2013 M&G Schedule:

February - Susquehanna for yellow perch - hosted by ??
    March - Severn River for Pickerel - hosted by J.A. Veil
    April (Exception occuring the 3 week) - Susquehanna Flats fo Stripers - hosted by ??
    May - Herring Bay on the Chesepeake Bay with a Fish Fry at Nay_Sayers House - hosted by Nay_Sayer
    June - Mattawoman Creek for Snakeheads, Bass and Catfish - hosted by Reelaxin10
    July - Ocean City for Flounder - hosted by ??
    Aug - Upper Potomac River for Bass - hosted by DanMarino
    Sept - Hoopers Island - hosted by ??
    Oct - South River for Stripers - hosted by Dogfish
    Nov - Point Lookout State Park in Southern MD for big Stripers - host by KevinFry
    Dec - Occoquan River in Northern, VA for Crappie and Catfish - hosted by Sun

Notice there are four month with no one to host. Please feel free to post that you will volunteer. If we find no host for that month, then that location will be dropped and the location with a host and with the second highest vote will become the M&G location for that month.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks John.
      Jim

Hobie Outback
      TKAA member
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

What are the responsibilities of the hosts of each meet and greet?
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
          What are the responsibilities of the hosts of each meet and greet?
          All you have to do is to pick a launch spot and time, and a place for those that plan to come to have bite to eat and maybe a cold one. That means that you will want to post on the forum that you will need people to contact you so you can get a list together of how many anglers will come, so you can make reservations with Restaurant if necessary. That is pretty much it. Just post the details and Anglers will come.

Comment

April, the third week is the weekend of the Jamboree. Is this going to be the meet and greet, or is there going to be another weekend?
            "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Originally posted by archeryrob View Post
              April, the third week is the weekend of the Jamboree. Is this going to be the meet and greet, or is there going to be another weekend?
              The SFKFJ is the M&G for April.

Comment

I see that there is a meet and greet for the Susquehanna Flats fo Stripers in April. I am New to Maryland and have heard about these flats. If this event is still on schedule please let me know the date, time, general info about this event so I can partake in it.

Thanks,
                Jeff

Comment

MiniX go here and register http://www.sfkfj.com/

Comment

FYI, the April meet & greet is different from most of the others because it coincides with the Susky Flats Kayak Fishing Jamboree. Usually, there is no registration or fee, just a bunch of guys getting together to fish. The SFKFJ is a great opportunity to do just that, but also raise some money for a good cause.
                    Mike S.
                    Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Can I go to the SFKFJ meet and greet without registering for the tournament? I have to work 18 &19 Apr so I wouldn't be able to par-take in those two days or could I just register and fish the 20-21???

Comment

Hello All, I am interested in hosting the July Ocean City, Md Meet & Greet. I can be PM'ed here, or emailed at carl.kurten@cj.state.de.us or wcso223@msn.com My cell # is 443-614-0650, Thanks Carl

Comment

Updated M&G Schedule

Here is what was posted after the January event at Arundel Mills. The original post is at http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...-12-2012/page2

Here is the 2013 M&G Schedule:

February - Susquehanna for yellow perch - hosted by ??
                          March - Severn River for Pickerel - hosted by J.A. Veil
                          April (Exception occuring the 3 week) - Susquehanna Flats for Stripers - hosted by ??
                          May - Herring Bay on the Chesepeake Bay with a Fish Fry at Nay_Sayers House - hosted by Nay_Sayer
                          June - Mattawoman Creek for Snakeheads, Bass and Catfish - hosted by Reelaxin10
                          July - Ocean City for Flounder - hosted by Obxbound
                          Aug - Upper Potomac River for Bass - hosted by DanMarino
                          Sept - Deale Island - hosted by RavensDfense
                          Oct - South River for Stripers - hosted by Dogfish
                          Nov - Point Lookout State Park in Southern MD for big Stripers - host by KevinFry
                          Dec - Occoquan River in Northern, VA for Crappie and Catfish - hosted by Sun

Notice there are four month with no one to host. Please feel free to post that you will volunteer. If we find no host for that month, then that location will be dropped and the location with a host and with the second highest vote will become the M&G location for that month.
                          Last edited by moc; 06-19-2013, 03:21 PM.

Comment

I'll take the September M&G. Question though....any objection about moving it to Deale Island. The launch on Deale Island offers easier access to more fishable areas. It is a public launch at the end of Riley Roberts road (Deale Island) and provides relatively easy access to a lot of fishy structure (and hopefully more specks/pups!). I've fished Hoopers and it is a lot of strait shore line. Not a ton of points, current, or structure.

Either way is cool with me. I'll host either, but I think the better fishing is a little further south. Everyone chime in their thoughts.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                            Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
                              I'll take the September M&G. Question though....any objection about moving it to Deale Island. The launch on Deale Island offers easier access to more fishable areas. It is a public launch at the end of Riley Roberts road (Deale Island) and provides relatively easy access to a lot of fishy structure (and hopefully more specks/pups!). I've fished Hoopers and it is a lot of strait shore line. Not a ton of points, current, or structure.

Either way is cool with me. I'll host either, but I think the better fishing is a little further south. Everyone chime in their thoughts.
                              Sounds good to me. And I'll be there. Thanks for handling this one.
                              Mike S.
                              Hobie Outback
                              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
                              X