No announcement yet.

Meet and Greet at D&B Hosted by SurfDog 01/12/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job setting all this up and doing the administrative stuff. Thank you. That is what makes this a great fishing club.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by coop1486 View Post
      Sorry Icouldn,t make the M&G being a newcomer.I see most of the M&G is on the western shore is there any reason there not one in the eastern bay.
      Hey Coop1486, Sanggedline has kayak anglers all over MD, DC and Northern Virginia for the most part. SurfDog and myself often fish East of the Bay Bridge all the way to Delaware. Just look for our post and you and anyone are welcome and encourage to come along.

To answer your question about the Eastern Shore, no one really posted a lot about it in this thread and at the meet and greet, except for Hoopers Island, SurfDog asked for suggestions on other locations, and when it came time to vote, there was very few hands or post on Eastern Shore locations this year. But that does not mean that you cannot post for a fishing outing on the Eastern Shore. Many anglers post where they want to go and all are welcome to go.

Remember, the purpose initially for the Meet and Greet was to pick one location a month that you would know long in advance that kayak anglers would be getting together to fish, have fun, have a good burger and a cold one. It was not the same as a fishing outing that you could organize at anytime, anywhere, on any day. It normally takes a little more organization. Other than that, just post, fish and have fun as the Snaggedline members descend on you when you go fishing. You will develope a lot of friendships and find new fishing partners. That is one of the great things about Snaggedline.
      Last edited by moc; 01-13-2013, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
        We can always add some. These are all informal. The January meeting is just to nail down the schedule so people can plan ahead. If you want to sponsor 1 then propose it here on the board. With 1000 members now and there is no reason why we can't have more than 1 per month on the same weekend each month. Some people may not be able to make it on that specific weekend so selecting another weekend might be good. Also, I think we should have some of them on Sundays. I know some people that have dropped out because they have to work Saturdays but would have loved to attend some M&G's.

Bottom line, post a M&G you would like to sponsor where and when and a place to eat ........... there's always people that want to meet and fish.

Just saying .......

we had a great turn out yesterday!! i want to thank MOC and on the Fly for thier help with this also!!

we did get 1 eastern shore site in at Hoopers island. i would have like to have more over there but it seems the same places keep coming up. like MM said if you want to get some people to a place post up and see who resopnds.

these are some good spots but i know i'm going to hit some of the alternate ones like Bushwood and lewes also

Comment

"Are the meet and greets always on a specific Saturday of the month?
          I'm hosting August, but need to make sure it does not conflict with my normal family vacation.
          Thanks,

Tom Black "

Meet and Greet times are not stead fast. We just try to keep it simple and consistant for the most part. But as the host you can always post who wants to go and if they can go on a Sat or Sun. Just post the result and the chosen day to fish. I guess Saturday was picked in the past because Saturdays seemed to generate the bigger M&G crowds. Some members come from all over, if you make a long drive on Saturday, you can always rest on Sunday before going to work on Monday. Not everyone has the same work schedule, so as the host, just post the request, then let everyone know what day and time it will be on. I would try to stick to the schedule posted since those are the days that everyone voted on. Pretty simple. Just get together and have fun.
          Last edited by moc; 01-13-2013, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
            In addition to the locations selected above, please feel free to coordinate any other trips you may want to host. Plenty of us fish on the east side of the bay, and will be willing to head over there many times throughout the year. I personally love fishing from Romancoke, and I also have a couple of spots to try crabbing & trout fishing from over there.
            I second that.

Comment

also this year we voted to go back to picking up a piece of tackle or lure to put in a grab bag for the biggest fish winner. just something around 5 bucks or so. gives you some incentive to get out and get a nice fish! got a look in the bucket that jon go, man it was better than the capt. bag at the CBKA tourney;-)

Comment

I attended my first M&G with the group Saturday, and had a great time. I am looking forward to getting on the water with everyone when the chances come up.
                I especially want to thank Sun, KitKat, Medicyaker, GaFisherman and SurfDog for making me feel welcomed.
                Do Not Believe Everything That You Think.

Ocean Kayak Trident 13
                Lowrance Depthfinder
                Fully rigged

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
                  also this year we voted to go back to picking up a piece of tackle or lure to put in a grab bag for the biggest fish winner. just something around 5 bucks or so. gives you some incentive to get out and get a nice fish! got a look in the bucket that jon go, man it was better than the capt. bag at the CBKA tourney;-)
                  He means other tourney's that I won't mention. The CBKA Capt's Bag was kick a$$! Ask anyone that was there! :-)

Comment

As I said to a few people at the M&G saturday, I will not be able to host the Feb M&G at Susky. I'm sure someone else will be able to handle it. Not sure if I will even make it.
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                      It's a new year and a new fishing season. It was time to get an MKF group together and set the M&G locations for the next 11 months. SurfDog setup the Meet and Greet at the pool hall at Dave and Busters in Arundel Mill in Hanover, Maryland. I decided to give Surf a hand by helping with the online posting of the event and along with the paperwork. Surf and I decided that a raffle for a bucket of lures/fishing gadgets would be fun. I had to pick up the bucket at the store, and Surf and I would provide some initial tackle to get it started. We posted that anyone coming to the M&G could donate tackle and fishing gadgets to the bucket. It was not a mandatory. After I read a post from Sun suggesting more raffle prizes, I decided to pickup a second bucket. If we got a lot of participation for the bucket of lures, then Surf and I would use the second bucket as another raffle prize.

Well, the stage was set. A few of us got to D&B early around noon to take care of some administrative discussion for the CBKA Tournament for 2013. A few HOW member with Medicyaker also got together. This also gave us a chance with SurfDog to claim an area in the pool hall for the MKF M&G.

The plan was to meet at 1pm for food, drinks, and to meet others in the kayak fishing sport. So at 1pm kayakers started to arrive. There were many new anglers to the kayak fishing sport and the MKF group that participated in the M&G. By 2pm SurfDog along with the help of On The Fly, worked the group to come up with fishing locations for the 2nd Saturday of every month. We voted on locations that the group seemed interested in. After we came up with the locations, I conducted the raffle. We had a big turnout for the raffle donations, so we ended up with 2 bucket prizes and a cap and shirt combo as another prize. Metroman won the shirt/hat combo. Dogfish won the first bucket and John Veil continued his winning ways and won the MKF blue bucket of goodies. By 3:30 pm, the group started to disbursed. Some made a quick stop into Bass Pro Shop, and others head out to catch the Raven's football game.

It was a great turn out. there was a lot of information and stories exchanged. It was good seeing the many new faces to the group and hopefully we will get to fish with them on the water. Some locations voted on for the M&Gs still need someone to volunteer to be the host for any M&Gs that do not have anyone to organize it. Hopefully in the next few weeks when everyone reads the reschedule, then will volunteer and let SurfDog know so he can add them to the schedule.

Thanks for everyone who was able to come. Here is a list of your fellow MKF members who participated in this Meet and Greet. It was the largest turnout to date at 33 kayak anglers!

SurfDog, MOC, On The Fly, CB Kayak02, Dogfish, Medicyaker, Sun, Russ498, J.A.Veil, John Foley, Chexone, Shadyfisher85, Daddyg, Memory Maker, Gafisherman, Reelaxin10, Wavy Davy, Zimm, Stupidjet, Finaddict, Yak Fish, Pinch, Kitkatyaker, Walk the Plank, Bgiff, Yakity Yak, Metroman, Nay_Sayer, YakGittyyak, Grilled, Sacctport67, Yakken121212

Here is the 2013 M&G Schedule:

February - Susquehanna for yellow perch - hosted by Chexone
                      March - Severn River for Pickerel - hosted by J.A. Veil
                      April (Exception occuring the 3 week) - Susquehanna Flats fo Stripers - hosted by ??
                      May - Herring Bay on the Chesepeake Bay with a Fish Fry at Nay_Sayers House - hosted by Nay_Sayer
                      June - Mattawoman Creek for Snakeheads, Bass and Catfish - hosted by Reelaxin10
                      July - Ocean City for Flounder - hosted by ??
                      Aug - Upper Potomac River for Bass - hosted by DanMarino
                      Sept - Hoopers Island - hosted by ??
                      Oct - South River for Stripers - hosted by Dogfish
                      Nov - Point Lookout State Park in Southern MD for big Stripers - host by KevinFry
                      Dec - Occoquan River in Northern, VA for Crappie and Catfish - hosted by Sun

Notice there are four month with no one to host. Please feel free to post that you will volunteer. If we find no host for that month, then that location will be dropped and the location with a host and with the second highest vote will become the M&G location for that month.
                      Thanks ChexOne and Shady for working out the hosting for the Feb M&G.

Comment

Working...
                      X