No announcement yet.

roosevelt inlet saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moc and Pinch, Nice pics and great report. Maybe we need to to a meet and greet up there next year. I'm vacationing there 2nd week of June if anyone is interested in meeting me there. I know its a long way off but thought I'd put it ut there anyway. Nice job guys!!
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

dinner
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

DAMN!!!Now that just aint rite!!! And you didn't even invite ME! Enjoy....Hey, I don't see any seasoning..
        Last edited by medicyaker; 08-21-2011, 04:40 PM. Reason: spelling
        Tom Brown
        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Sounds like you guys did well. Pinch, what time is dinner?
          2012 Hobie Revo 13'
          2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Im going to make popcorn flounder mango tacos tonight. Little recipe i made and its delicous.
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Hmm, this is on the "to do" list for the next month.

Slack
              Captian of the plastic Navy
              1 - Mad River Canoes
              1- Tarpon 120
              1- Redfish 10
              1- Coosa HD
              2- Cuda 12
              1- Slayer Propel 10

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Comment

used a 1 1/2oz jighead with a 4'' gulp! white or chart. The key was tipping the gulp with cut blue/spot/croaker or bunker, a nice strip 3-5'' worked best
                Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Tonight at Pinch's! Everyone is invited!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                    used a 1 1/2oz jighead with a 4'' gulp! white or chart. The key was tipping the gulp with cut blue/spot/croaker or bunker, a nice strip 3-5'' worked best
                    Nice fish, Jack! Good work!

If you want to get a really good one try live-lining a spot, snapper blue or bunker. Whatever you can get and keep alive. A 20 incher probably won't bother with it but there's nothing like bucktailin' 'em, is there?!?!

Comment

I love it. Theres nothing like bouncing a jig feeling a pop like you just set the jig down on a concrete block then lifting your rod tip to think you're snagged only to feel head shakes.
                      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                        I love it. Theres nothing like bouncing a jig feeling a pop like you just set the jig down on a concrete block then lifting your rod tip to think you're snagged only to feel head shakes.
                        I love that feeling too... just wish my headshakes came with a doormat!

I had a great time yesterday and fished hard. In the end I didn't catch any keeper flounders or any other fish really, except for some oystertoads that Pinch was too afraid to punch. I caught a ton of flounder in the 12-17.75" range but I just couldn't get that last .25". Oh well, I'll be back!
                        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Can't stand toads. They are huge in deleware.
                          Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Nice fish you guys. And really cool to see the trout in there too. Apparently delaware bay used to be absolutely loaded with trout but only a few around for the last several years. I knew some guys that used to liveline spot at IRI at slack tide (maybe ten years ago) and catch trout up to 10 lbs. Hopefully they are starting to rebound. Pinch is right about the gulp with strip bait combo. That set up also worked well for me last week.

Comment

it was a great trip. really cool to see dolphins come up a few feet from the kayak. they were everywhere.

.......well, i ended up catching lots of flounders, caught two keepers, one at 18inches and one at 19inches...............also caught couple spots, blue fishes, and croakers.........the blue fishes were like meth for the flounders. i guess cause they are more oily. but yeah, the trick was cut bait/gulp cocktails..........

cape henlopen had some crazy structure to fish, lots of fun!
                              Hobie Revolution 13
                              Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

I'm following you guys next time.

Great job on all the Feessh. That was a great mixed bag you all caught up there. I might have to make that my spot next weekend.

Where did you launch to fish the inlet? At the boat ramp or beach side? Also did you launch from the park to fish the cape? You all got my blood pumping now....

Comment

Working...
                                X