No announcement yet.

Lights for the Pro Angler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grabbed the xducer and sun-shade, bought from mariner-sails out of texas i believe, sent it two-day shipping even though i only paid for ground, very happy with their services.

Just got my PA14 setup on sawhorses, hoping for nice weather, have not installed yet.

Here is one installed on the Hobie Forum, i'm very happy with the protection this cover provides:

Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Can I just by the total scan transducer and use it with my Elite 4X Chirp?
      Gregory
      ​Ain't Misbehavin'
      2014 Pro Angler 12
      '

Comment

I havent responded in the past about my lights because i thought they were to bright. When on they killed my nightvision. So i ended up selling the kayak and bought a new one. Im currently installing new lights, usb, power pole and a soon some kind of sonar. Im also wiring everything differently so its a little more simple to add and remove connections. I plan to post progress pics soon
        Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
        -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
        -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspratt View Post
          I havent responded in the past about my lights because i thought they were to bright. When on they killed my nightvision. So i ended up selling the kayak and bought a new one. Im currently installing new lights, usb, power pole and a soon some kind of sonar. Im also wiring everything differently so its a little more simple to add and remove connections. I plan to post progress pics soon
          Make sure you send pictures of the install. There's no going back after you drill holes, but I would do a few things differently. My wires are a coiled birds nest that I will work on one of these days. I didn't think through the battery situation and now have 3 and a solar charger. The one thing I did get right was colors so the amber and red lights that I have in the cockpit work very well at night preserving my vision. I also like having the lights on different color coded switches. You have 2 items I'm itching to get: the 7ti and the Boonedox landing gear. How do you like them?
          Gregory
          ​Ain't Misbehavin'
          2014 Pro Angler 12
          '

Comment

To behonest, i ordered the Ti then cancelled the order lol just forgot to change my details. The boonedox is nice to an extent. Its not real rigid especially pushing the yak backwards its noisy and just doesnt ride smooth with bumps. But not having to tip the yak i guess is a plus. The backing plates needed to be beveled to be properly mounted otherwise if i tightenend the bolts i could have caused more damage to the yak which later down the road could end up totaling my kayak. I also added extra supports so the whole weight of the kayak isnt on just 2 points. I also gouged the crap out of the side of my kayak from the wheels flexing too much and rubbing on the hull with out me noticing. Sucks. Im honestly not very pleased with the landing gear and i am half tempted to go back to the HD cart. But im going to try it for a season before i completely quit on it.
            Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
            -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole

Comment

Back to the light rigging..
              Heres what i have done so far. I decided to go with a power strip for the positive and negative terminals and try to keep moisture off everything wth a dry box. This way its easy to trouble shoot any future crappy connections and easy to add more power to accessories. IMG_4043.jpg

As for the lights i decided to go with these tiny single Leds in the stainless housings. So far i like the brightness of them. A nice soft glow.IMG_4037.jpg IMG_4050.jpg
              The light in the center is my switch that also lights blue when everything is on.

For the location of the lights i just put them just above the rod holders so it luminates my rods. IMG_4045.jpg

Once i clean up the wiring ill take a few pics of that and my battery box and show where i will have that mounted along with the type of plug im using
              Jason

Comment

You guys have convinced me. I picked up a few LED items this past weekend, will report back with photos.

McH
                Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
                  You guys have convinced me. I picked up a few LED items this past weekend, will report back with photos.

McH
                  Don't forget pictures!
                  Gregory
                  ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                  2014 Pro Angler 12
                  '

Comment

Finished with the lights and wiring of the power pole for now. Just waiting on my fish finder to come in and i decided to not use the usb plug i bought. Its to long and bulky to fit in the gunnel wall and i dont want to run it to the front hatch and have wires cross my drive unit. So ill be searching for a smaller one.

Heres a few pics of whats finished.. the dry box of wires..IMG_4072.jpg here is just a shot of the screws i used to mount the wire keepers(i guess thats what they are called)IMG_4073.jpg
                    IMG_4075.jpg
                    Decided to keep my battery box in the center and use a bungee to secure itIMG_4076.jpg
                    IMG_4079.jpgIMG_4080.jpg
                    With the back lit button being too bright i decided to cut the power to it so the light is more even in the front. I didnt want the 1 light to bug my eyes at night. IMG_4077.jpgIMG_4078.jpg
                    So thats it for now until i find the usb plug im looking for and get my fish finder in.
                    Jason

Comment

Originally posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
                      Don't forget pictures!
                      Hey Mark did you ever install your lights? I’m looking for someone to go night fishing with��
                      Gregory
                      ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                      2014 Pro Angler 12
                      '

Comment

Working...
                      X