Joisey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joisey

Took out the bigger, faster kayak today (wink), and got into some ridonkulous pigs (30-50) It was glass and saw some yakers out there. Whales and bait everywhere. Time to call out sick and get up there
    90DB2F7D-307D-4484-8B79-73729C94241D.jpg
    Jay

10' Green Slayer
    13’ Red Slayer

I am thinking of heading up later this week. How far off shore were you? Any in the surf (in case the surf zone is too rough)?
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

I felt real bad for the surf guys, the bait was inches too far. I didn't see any from the surf, but than again, most surf guys fish at night, so who knows. But honestly I would bring the surf rods. I would thrown swim shads in the day, start with danny's or even a donny if you got 'em for they are busting big bunker. I would chuck rigged eels at night or big darters. I think the surf is going to blow up any day now.
      It is definitely doable in a yak, weather permitted, but as you know, bad weather means good surf fishing. They were only a couple hundreds yards of the beach.
      Jay

10' Green Slayer
      13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by summersoff View Post
        Took out the bigger, faster kayak today (wink), and got into some ridonkulous pigs (30-50) It was glass and saw some yakers out there. Whales and bait everywhere. Time to call out sick and get up there
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]22606[/ATTACH]
        Do we just meet you at the dock or do you pick us up in the boat?
        Brian

Comment

Nice work man, I’m headed up to fish the surf on island beach state park on Thursday. Have been debating the kayak for a few days but i think you may have swayed me. Were you north of seaside? I’m just worried about securing my kayak overnight while i stay in the hotel.

Comment

^^^^
            Do what I do, and sleep in the truck.
            Jay

10' Green Slayer
            13’ Red Slayer

Comment

It was still a hot week, and there were a lot of yakers out yesterday. Unfortunately the bite cooled yesterday, but when I was coming in, the gannets were plunging fierce. Unfortunately, the day turned snotty quick, and the inlet was a hairy steam in, so no auduboning investigation. Still snag and drop, but just as many were trolling. blown out for next few.
              if you're heading up in the yak, bring your large set of balls, because you will get mugged by boats as soon as your rod bends. I saw a yaker peacefully way off by himself, away from the armada, then he pulled one in. Boats, including a head boat, were on him in a NY minute.
              Jay

10' Green Slayer
              13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Working...
              X