CBBT this Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBBT this Sunday?

Anyone going out this Sunday? Got the kitchen pass for Father's day.

Let me know. I would be up for Rudee also...
    2015 Hobie Revolution 11

If the weather cooperates I'll plan on going to CBBT and use Rudee as a backup.
    J

Comment

Originally posted by Jman View Post
      If the weather cooperates I'll plan on going to CBBT and use Rudee as a backup.
      Cool... I'll pm you. I'm still 50/50 because I know the traffic back to NOVA will be terrible after fishing...
      2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

I think sheeps are running... saw a citation picture on Instagram for last Sunday...

I never targeted them so little research is needed...
        2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

It'll be my first time targeting them as well. The rigging is similar to Tog, which I've done before. Oceans East has clams and fiddlers for bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          J

Comment

Wind looks much better on Friday... 5mph compared to 10+ on Sunday.

I might be able to get Friday off...
            2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Plans set for Friday morning early launch... wind is looking great, I hope the fish cooperates...
              2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Anybody else is welcome to join us. We will be meeting at 5:30AM at one of the tackle stores.

Should be fun...
                2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Had a good time out with SeaSalt at the CBBT. Weather conditions were glass-like in the morning, which changed to windy and wet later on as I made my way back from first island. I hooked two toadfish, with one being very bloated around 13-13.5". No Sheepshead on this trip, but the reports are in of them being out there and some kids spearfishing said they saw some large ones hanging around the pilings. Another kayaker out there was chumming for cobia and landed a few sharks near the bridge.
                  Have to keep trying and I'll get one sooner or later!

I'll let SeaSalt tell his tale of catches.

Thought I lost my camera when I left, but I found it stuck in the hull of my kayak (phew!).
                  J

Comment

It was nice meeting you Jake! It was pretty fun. I'm glad you were able to find your camera.

Here is a quick summary.

The Good
                    1. It was nice meeting JMan...
                    2. The Buoy 44 Seafood Grill is a nice launch - if you can't find public parking, you can park at the restaurant for 10 dollars.
                    3. Rudee is a nice place to fish... no wake zone and free.
                    4. Learned some of the advantages of why some use a conventional setup. Hook set can be easier because the reel is on the top and there is more space. Ability to let out additional line with one hand can be advantageous in a place like CBBT.
                    5. Bojangles chicken - I love me some Bojangles chicken, biscuit and sweet tea... . You can only get them south of Richmond...

The Bad
                    1. Lots of sex. There are lot of mating croakers. I caught over 9 even trying to avoid them, foul hooked couple too. If I really wanted to catch them, I probably would have taken home stringer full of them.
                    2. CBBT - I would rate this place one of the tougher places to fish. The combination of tide, wakes, wind and structure, it is not for beginners, which I'm!!!
                    3. I get seasick. Even with glass-like conditions, I was getting sick due to the large rollers from the shipping channel. I probably can mitigate this with more trips and medicine.

The Ugly
                    1. Going #2. When nature calls and you are 1 hour out from the shore, it sucks! It sucks double when you are fighting the tide to get in.
                    2. Camera - I left my fully charged batteries in my charger. No use when it is not in the camera!!!
                    3. Traffic - traffic from VA beach to NOVA was terrible on Friday. Took over 5 hours to get home. Lots of construction... I don't think they will be done by the time the summer season kicks off or finishes!!
                    Last edited by Seasalt; 06-19-2017, 04:59 PM.
                    2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Sorry for the late reply.

I am in FL looking for a retirement place. No fishing for a while.

Aging sucks.

Joe
                      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Thanks Joe for the reply. Please let me and JMan know when you will be fishing again...

Have fun looking at retirement place... I'm sure it will be near water...
                        2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by Seasalt View Post
                          The Ugly
                          1. Going #2. When nature calls and you are 1 hour out from the shore, it sucks! It sucks double when you are fighting the tide to get in.
                          This typically goes to the top of my list of things to do BEFORE launching when I know I am going to miles from the nearest shoreline, haha. I'm glad it worked out in the end though. Or at least I think it did? Actually, don't tell us, haha!
                          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
                            This typically goes to the top of my list of things to do BEFORE launching when I know I am going to miles from the nearest shoreline, haha. I'm glad it worked out in the end though. Or at least I think it did? Actually, don't tell us, haha!
                            I made it. I started thinking about my options though. Jump in the ocean and let it out, then I have to make sure the yak doesn't drift from me, use the mirage drive hole but I don't think it will drain, or just go in my pants... haahaa. Luckily, I made it all the way to the nearest gas station. No public bathroom at the Buoy 44 public launch.
                            2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by Seasalt View Post
                              I made it. I started thinking about my options though. Jump in the ocean and let it out, then I have to make sure the yak doesn't drift from me, use the mirage drive hole but I don't think it will drain, or just go in my pants... haahaa. Luckily, I made it all the way to the nearest gas station. No public bathroom at the Buoy 44 public launch.
                              There's a portapotty about 100 yds down the road to the left (facing bay) near the house renovations that you can use next time.
                              J

Comment

Working...
                              X