Meet and Greet Schedule for 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet and Greet Schedule for 2017

Thanks to Harry "On the Fly" and all those who helped him and attended the Meet and Greet Planning Meeting at Bass Pro in getting this schedule for 2017.

The Meet and Greet is a volunteer fishing get together with many kayakers getting together afterwards for a meal to discuss the day. Traditional Meet and Greets occur on the second Saturday of every month. On rare occasions the dates have changed due to bad weather or holiday events. The host will determine if the date will change due to weather or cancelled it all together. The host usually selects a place that everyone can get together for lunch. Remember to exercise good judgement when traveling to and fishing on the water at the Meet and Greet get together. Know your capability, and it is your responsibility to have your required and recommended safety equipment and fishing license.

Snaggedline is a public forum open to all. It charges no fees to users. Meet & Greet attendees do not pay fees to Snaggedline or to the hosts to participate in events organized on the forum. The voluntary nature of the forum and the fact that its cost is free to users, removes event liability from Snaggedline and from Meet & Greet hosts. The forum is just another form of communication to plan an outing which is no different from you planning a cookout at park with friends.

Participants are reminded that they must always exercise the utmost caution during Meet & Greet outings and that they participate in these events at their own risk.

There are some M&G's that do not have an organizer. If you would like to be the organizer (there can be more than one organizer/host), then reply in this thread. M&G's that do not have an organizer can have the M&G location changed by consensus or cancelled.

Meet and Greet Schedule 2017

MONTH LOCATION HOST SPECIES
    January Bass Pro Planning Meeting On the fly (Harry) None
    February None
    March Marshal Hall Yakscientist Blue Cats, Channel Cats, American Eels
    April None
    May Susquehanna Flats Plasticboat (Jeff) Striped Bass, Catfish
    June Upper Potomac Monocacykayak (Rich) Large and Small Mouth Bass
    July[/COLOR Lowes Wharf, Eastern bay Coop1486 (Coop) Striped Bass, White Perch, Rays, Spots, Croaker, Trout, Bluefish
    August Beverly Triton AintMisBehavin Striped Bass, White Perch, Spots, Croaker, Rays, Bluefish
    September CBKA Tournament CBKA Striped Bass, White Perch, Spots, Blue Fish
    October Ft. Smallwood-Patapsco Mark & On the Fly (Harry) Striped Bass, White Perch
    November Ocean City Tog Slobberbob Tog, Flounder, White Perch, Rays, Stripers, Bluefish, Trout
    December Eastern Shore Ponds Mark & J. Rentch Crappie, Pickerel, Large Mouth Bass
    Last edited by moc; 01-22-2017, 12:41 PM.

can we add target species to the table I am not a local and it helps me decide which ones to plan for
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Originally posted by suicyderider View Post
      can we add target species to the table I am not a local and it helps me decide which ones to plan for
      October will mainly be stripers, I think December will be pickerel, nov as noted Tog

Comment

December will be a freshwater pond trip for pickerels, crappies and LM bass still fattening up for the winter.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Just plan for all of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i wish I could lol
            LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

November will focus on tog, but it's the OC Inlet, so you could come across anything there. Stripers, bluefish, and trout can be caught that time of year too if you decide to target them. Could even be some puppy drum around and possibly a black drum or two still. November is a little late for sheepshead, triggerfish, and inshore flounder - but you never know!
              Brian

Comment

do you know a rough estimate on the water temp there that time of year?

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
                November will focus on tog, but it's the OC Inlet, so you could come across anything there. Stripers, bluefish, and trout can be caught that time of year too if you decide to target them. Could even be some puppy drum around and possibly a black drum or two still. November is a little late for sheepshead, triggerfish, and inshore flounder - but you never know!
                LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

do you know a rough estimate on the water temp there that time of year?
                  I'd guess it'll be in the mid to low 50's around then. Cold water gear would be advised.
                  Brian

Comment

Since many of you responded as to which species would be around at a particular time or location, I will add a species column since I now have the data.
                    Last edited by moc; 01-21-2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                      Since men if you responded as to which species would be around at a particular time or location I will add a species column since I now have the data.
                      thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
                      LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

I think we should do another catfishing M&G at Marshall Hall or maybe some other spot that I've yet to catfish. I'm open to suggestions, and if need be, I could probably host one in March. Kevinfry did last year, and IMO, it was a great M&G since that was the first time I caught fish from my kayak in tidal waters. Though I think a lot of snaggedliners got skunked, I know I was one of the last to leave and missed lunch, because I was determined not to be skunked. And I hear through the grapevine, that Feb-Mar is a good time to target large rockfish that start making their way into the Bay to spawn in a few weeks/months. It might be tricky to target them, and I honestly wouldn't know where to start, but we could do that in March instead. Though I would have to check all the regs regarding what areas are off limits to fish, and tackle restrictions (barbless hooks). I would prefer not to lead that M&G since I don't know where to go for, or how to target, large striper at that time of year.

Comment

If you are open to being the Host for a March Meet and Greet at Marshall Hall, then I will add it to the calendar. Just confirm with me that you want to do it.
                          Last edited by moc; 01-22-2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I agree I was there for that M&G and it went very well I stayed on the water until 3 I caught about 11 that day and nothing over 22 inches but it went very well for me. I marked a ton of fish on the FF just didn't present them what they wanted. Id definitely consider going there for another in march if my schedule cooperates.

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
                            I think we should do another catfishing M&G at Marshall Hall or maybe some other spot that I've yet to catfish. I'm open to suggestions, and if need be, I could probably host one in March. Kevinfry did last year, and IMO, it was a great M&G since that was the first time I caught fish from my kayak in tidal waters. Though I think a lot of snaggedliners got skunked, I know I was one of the last to leave and missed lunch, because I was determined not to be skunked. And I hear through the grapevine, that Feb-Mar is a good time to target large rockfish that start making their way into the Bay to spawn in a few weeks/months. It might be tricky to target them, and I honestly wouldn't know where to start, but we could do that in March instead. Though I would have to check all the regs regarding what areas are off limits to fish, and tackle restrictions (barbless hooks). I would prefer not to lead that M&G since I don't know where to go for, or how to target, large striper at that time of year.
                            LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Just curios, can the upper Potomac M&G be done in a pedal or is too shallow, and paddle is recommended?
                              Jay

10' Green Slayer
                              13’ Red Slayer

Comment

Working...
                              X