Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Last Casts" - Tautog, Bluefish & Puppy Drum (CBBT & Rudee, Apr 10, 2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Last Casts" - Tautog, Bluefish & Puppy Drum (CBBT & Rudee, Apr 10, 2017)

Blessed is the man who does “one more last cast” again and again.

I wanted to catch my first good size specks of 2017. All I needed was few hours in Rudee. So I fished for Tog first in the morning at CBBT (Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel). I caught 6 togs. Only one was keeper.

I had only 2.5 hours for specks in Rudee. I trolled for specks for an hour and gave up because everyone said big specks weren't there. I cast few different lures for specks and puppy drum. I caught my first bluefish of 2017 and a puppy drum at 21".

Fishing Log:

Thank you
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Nice report Joe, you must be one of the first to land a blue out there! I talked to some other guys fishing out there on Sunday on my way back in and they said they caught some nice specks the other day. Not sure where they are yet though.
    J

Comment

Thank you for the report... always enjoy your videos. Did you keep the redfish? I always wonder what redfish taste like.
      2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by Seasalt View Post
        Thank you for the report... always enjoy your videos. Did you keep the redfish? I always wonder what redfish taste like.
        I like puppies a lot. Though I have eaten less than 5 times. I don't have enough for "Joe's fresh fish delivery service" - Mostly they were cleaned and given away.

Joe
        Last edited by ComeOnFish; 04-11-2017, 02:12 PM.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Cool video and nice red. Hopefully the big trout make an appearance this weekend. Hemminway and I may be making a trip down in a couple of days.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
          Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
            Cool video and nice red. Hopefully the big trout make an appearance this weekend. Hemminway and I may be making a trip down in a couple of days.
            Usually Specks at 18-25" show before bluefish at 20". a good number of Specks should be there at any time now. At least puppy are there.

joe

Comment

Working...
            X