Eat Dogfish Shark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
    i wish they would find a good commercial market for them to keep their numbers in check. mcdogfish sammies sounds good
    Agree! LOL! Assateague surf is full of doggies and skates.

Comment

In Oregon, if we were going to keep any of the "edible" sharks we always bled them to death to avoid the urea issue. Not a Kayak friendly handling procedure, but we smoked a lot of shark over the years
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
        Agree! LOL! Assateague surf is full of doggies and skates.
        yeah they are so bad i stopped doing the delaware surf tourneys in the spring. much rather catch a dogfish than a frickin skate!

the only good shark to eat is a mako. they dont urinate through their skin

Comment

Originally posted by surfdog View Post
          the only good shark to eat is a mako. they dont urinate through their skin
          +1 One of the best fighters in the sea as well. Ever see a 250lber freight training drag and doing flips. Incredible!

I picked one at random:
          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoHXPvc5y3Y&feature=related"]mako madness - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I have caught several Makos and they are fine table fare, (taste exactly like swordfish) but don't over look a blacktip (Spinner shark)- terrific fighting fish on light tackle and very tasty on the grill, too- They get to about 40 pounds while mako's max out over 1000 pounds- Mako is an offshore fish while blacktips can be caught from the beach- especially live bait fishing for Kings and cobia- I always keep a blacktip- I never throw it back- yummm...
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Wow, that Mako is a nice jumper.

All this talk about sharks make me want to get one FOR THE FIGHT and FOR THE TASTE. Of course, catching a shark via yak is not exactly a safe and smart thing to do.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
              X