No announcement yet.

Fishing kayak for wife any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing kayak for wife any suggestions?

Looking for then allusive dry seat, stability however not to hard to paddle or roll to the launch. Thanks
    Cuda 14
    Big tuna

I got all those requirements, but it's spread across two yaks. The Ocean Kayak Tetra has a very dry seat (there are two non-filling scuppers right behind the seat) but is not very fast or easy to paddle long distances. My wilderness systems Tarpon is incredibly easy to paddle and cuts through surf with ease. But has a constant soggy bottom effect.

If I recall, you ain't too far from me, she can try both of those and see if she likes one more than the other.

Comment

Thanks! Got 3 rock one keeper last night. In also have a 13 year old. I need to get out but the tuna and cuda 14 is too much!
      Cuda 14
      Big tuna

Comment

Check out the Native Manta Ray 11. It has a remarkably comfortable and dry seat, it paddles easily, and has a built in wheel on the rear of the keel for easy rolling across hard surfaces. The MR 11 comes standard with two gear tracks so you can easily add rod holders. It weighs only 56 lbs but still comfortably holds my 6'4", 240 lb body.

I bought one this spring (in snazzy Lizard Lick color pattern) and really enjoy it. If you and your wife want to test it out on the water in Annapolis, let me know.

001.jpg
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

The new 10 foot slayer propel looks like it would be an awesome smaller/lighter kayak - if you're open to a pedal-type boat.

Comment

I would have to agree with Skidsteer about the Propel Slayer 10 ft. My Propel 13 wieghts a ton (actually, 100 lbs with propel unit and chair), but the Slayer 10 is considerably less. The chair is just great, and I do not get wet unless a wave breaks over me. Very stable, and it glides through the water with ease. Now that I have a peddle kayak I don't think I could go back to paddle because of the speed in which I zoom around.
            Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
            Cobra Explorer

Comment

The Jackson Cruise fishing 12 and 10 might be a good choice.

Comment

can she cook lol

Comment

Working...
                X