Flounder fishing - Ocean City - Wed July 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flounder fishing - Ocean City - Wed July 30

Raptor and I are planning to fish for flounder at Ocean City on Wed. We will leave Annapolis around 7:00 am and plan to launch at the ramp off of Golf Course Rd by 10:00 am. We will fish until mid-afternoon then head home. If anyone wants to join us, let us know.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Good luck, John- catch some doormats
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I would love to go, but I got a brutal work schedule for the next few weeks.

Comment

With the nice weather forecast I'll likely try to get out somewhere in OC tomorrow afternoon, but not until after work, so 4:30 - 5ish. Sounds like you may be done by then though?
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
          With the nice weather forecast I'll likely try to get out somewhere in OC tomorrow afternoon, but not until after work, so 4:30 - 5ish. Sounds like you
          may be done by then though?
          I think we will be off the water by then. Sorry to miss you. We would definitely benefit from local knowledge. My plan was to anchor and/or drift near Hoopers as the current allows. I will fish live minnows on bottom rigs and may jig a bucktail with Gulp. I plan to have one rod set up for casting to shallow areas and to the bridge pilings. If you have any other suggestions, they are welcome.
          John Veil
          Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Sounds like you have a good plan. The incoming current should give you a favorable drift either north or south from the launch and hopefully switch and bring you back by the time you'd like to be back. There's lots of little croaker and spot around too if you run out of minnows and need strip baits.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
              I think we will be off the water by then. Sorry to miss you. We would definitely benefit from local knowledge. My plan was to anchor and/or drift near Hoopers as the current allows. I will fish live minnows on bottom rigs and may jig a bucktail with Gulp. I plan to have one rod set up for casting to shallow areas and to the bridge pilings. If you have any other suggestions, they are welcome.
              John are you guys carpooling?

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                John are you guys carpooling?
                Matt -

Terry and I are riding in his pickup with both kayaks on a rack.
                John Veil
                Annapolis

Comment

Wish I could join you guys. I'll be heading up to Michigan on Friday for vacation though. I hope to get my first Musky up there this year! I caught my second flounder of the year last month - 22.5". Your cleaning technique worked well John. Perfect 4 fillets. Good hunting guys!
                  2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
                  Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Working...
                  X