Got out fished today on my own new kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got out fished today on my own new kayak

Picked up a Moken 10 lite this weekend from a member here. Wanted something for quick trips and to use in skinnier water that my Pro Angler cant handle.
    Launched it at centennial lake right after getting it and put some slime on it pretty quick, picking up 4 bass there including 2 frogging the pads.
    It was my 1st time there. Nice little place but very crowded. Saturday happened to be one of the night fishing nights. Have to hit it again sometime on a weekday. Only other place I know of other than mattowoman that has pads to fish.

Kayaks were still loaded after coming in late last night so decided to take a quick trip to mariner Point today to fish some areas my Pro Angler cant get into.
    Sandy used the Moken today to try it out and something tells me she likes it!!

I took a skunk today (My 1st this year) but Sandy landed 5 nice Bass today including this monster!!
    She said it was her 1st sleigh ride and 1st fish she's caught from the kayak that's peeled drag off the line....lol.
    She was holding it in the water while I was getting ready to measure it for her and unfortunately it shook free from her grip and took off before we could measure it or get a weight on it.
    This fish dwarfed the one she got at Black Hills not long ago and that was 20" and 4lbs. I have no doubt this was a citation fish and can only guess the length and what it weighed.
    Personally that would have made me sick not getting a measurement or weight on whats definitely her personal best LMB.

Last edited by CAGE RATTLER; 07-28-2014, 02:12 AM.
    2013 PRO ANGLER 12
    2013 Cuda 12

nice fish sandy! looks like that kayak came with some bass mojo
    Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Great fish. Great photo. Nice looking kayak. Agree that Centennial is crowded. Keep it up!

Comment

Glad you're enjoying the new yak, looks like you put it to use quickly. Nice fish!!
        ~Mike
        Mike
        Feelfree Lure 11.5
        Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Nice Fish!!
          2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice fish! What's the with the glove?
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
              The glove is a FISH OFF glove that's actually made and sold here in MD.
              Works great for fish handling. I bought us each a pair to use on my boat for bay fishing after reading so many posts about even the slightest fish prick causing bad infections.
              We both have been keeping one on the kayak but I really haven't used mine for bass fishing but the 1st time she landed one by the mouth she said they have teeth so now uses it...lol.
              2013 PRO ANGLER 12
              2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Cool, I can see how those would be helpful. Especially for toothy critters. I land everything either by hand or with the fish gripper.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                X