Snakehead hunting 7-25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snakehead hunting 7-25

I, Abumasgouf, Charlieru, Minh, Turk_on_a_tarpon launched around 4pm. It was a sunny and nice but the fish did not cooperate. Turk got the skunkboff the boat first. I took them to my honey hole but fish weren't biting well. Most of us got the skunk off and Minh got a surprise, too bad its not a SH.

Great outing yesterday, it was good sharing with the group. Looking forward to do it again.

Comment

It was a good time indeed, even though the fish decided not to cooperate. I look forward to our next outing!

Here is a picture of Minh's surprise...

P7252703.jpg
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

It was great fishing with you guys! I will be bothering you again, shortly. The LM Bass that hit my senko under the bridge was a healthy 16 inch fish. First time I catch something on a senko worm. Got me the confidence boost I was looking for.
        That place looked like snakehead sanctuary, so strange they were not feeding. We'll get them next time though.
        “As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler.” - Izaak Walton

Comment

I was hoping to get you guys at least 1 SH though. We'll do it again soon

Comment

Sorry we missed the chance to hook up with you guys but I opted out of sitting in all the traffic. We opted for Aquia Landing so we could avoid the traffic nightmare. We only caught 4 fish all LGMbass, 2 16" and 2 around 12". We talked with a few yakkers none of which had caught anything yet. It was great day to be out and we hope to catch up with you all sometime soon.
            IMG_20140725_171213_301.jpgIMG_20140725_173141_133.jpgIMG_20140725_164741_178.jpgIMG_20140725_173207_335.jpg

Comment

Aquia Landing is quite a popular spot. Last time I went there, there were like 20 bass boats around the area, and around 5 kayakers. Everyone caught bass but no SH. I want to go a little further down to try Potomac creek but I don't know where to launch.

Well, I hope the fish will cooperate at the next outing.

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
              Sorry we missed the chance to hook up with you guys but I opted out of sitting in all the traffic. We opted for Aquia Landing so we could avoid the traffic nightmare. We only caught 4 fish all LGMbass, 2 16" and 2 around 12". We talked with a few yakkers none of which had caught anything yet. It was great day to be out and we hope to catch up with you all sometime soon.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]12798[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12801[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12802[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12803[/ATTACH]

Comment

I would love to fish Potomac Creek also but my attempts to gian access have been unsuccessful.

Comment

Working...
                X