• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overboard rods

Do they still make them? Can't find them? ThAnks
    Cuda 14
    Big tuna

Try to contact Matt Baden - CB kayak 02. He was the one pushing Overboard Rods on Snaggedline. There's no longer any mention of Overboard on his Hobie Blog, so they might be history.

Google Blakemore rod floaters. Not as neat as a floating rod, but they say they'll keep one afloat, and a lot less expensive than overboards were.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
      Try to contact Matt Baden - CB kayak 02. He was the one pushing Overboard Rods on Snaggedline. There's no longer any mention of Overboard on his Hobie Blog, so they might be history.

Google Blakemore rod floaters. Not as neat as a floating rod, but they say they'll keep one afloat, and a lot less expensive than overboards were.
      The company is on hiatus, so no longer making rods.. they hope to make them again in the future.

Comment

My self and a friend have been using rod floats for several years now. I originally bought mine at BPS but just searched on-line and did not find them. My friend learned a difficult lesson when he lost a rod/reel combination over $1000.00 (Daiwa Steez). There is a minor down side to the floats that you have to deal with. Specifically, the small velcro strap that holds the float to the rod sometimes catches your line. Simple to fix and adjust but an occasional nuisance. Some rods that I have (generally lightweight rods) are very thin in diameter. As a result, the rod float will move to the first guide when you cast. Once again, a minor nuisance but on balance, I feel like the benefit of not worrying about losing rods if they go overboard, far outweighs any nuisance in using them.
        2012 Hobie Outback
        2014 Tarpon 100

Comment

Working...
        X