Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recent fishing reports from Ft Smallwood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recent fishing reports from Ft Smallwood?

I've fished out for Ft Smallwood 3 times this season with only small Perch biting, and not too frequently at that. Last year at this time the Perch were thick and 10" was not uncommon. I haven't been there in two weeks though, anyone have more recent experience?

Not sure if this helps you but...fished the Key Bridge Wed 7/16 & 7/23... found perch in numbers 8 to 10" but the fish were tight to the pilings!! the 23rd plenty of fish & many doubles... looked for rock in the am caught 4 but all were short...i know the bigger rock are there need to find them!! late morn fished for the perch. hope the info helps a little!! thight lines and bent rods always!!

Comment

Thanks, that does help. I'm actually closer to Ft Armistead than Smallwood. I've never launched or fished from there though. I need to give it shot. I appreciate the info and the nudge I needed to try it.

Comment

i fish the AA county side of the bridge...specifically the harbor side of the pilings and from my experience the perch are there. grass shrimp, used night crawlers once and they did very well too & jigged smaller spoons too!! they are there go get em!! if they are there you will find them pretty quick so try the three AA county pilings and hookem up!! let me know how ya do!!! Phil

Comment

Working...
        X