Fresh Water Slam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh Water Slam

Got out this morning for a few hours in Williamsport. First two hours were SLOW. Only caught one dink of a smallmouth on a crankbait. Then....game on! First came this new PB walleye slow rolling a 3/8 ounce spinnerbait. Put up a great fight, but once it got close enough, I put my new leverage landing net to use. Bam! 21.5" on the board.

This dude destroyed my spinnerbait. So after replacing that spinnerbait for another one, I continued the same presentation. Made a cast at the bank, and about halfway back to the boat my line goes straight down! At first I thought it was a catfish, but then there was some head shake and lots of left to right movement. A quick surface near the boat and I saw the beast, Musky! Took me for a solid 2 minute sleigh ride that had me pumped! Got close to netting 'em but quickly realized my net was too small. This thing had to be 30" plus. It was a beast. After another minute long sleigh ride, I got it boat side again and right as I went to put the lip gripper on, he was off. At first, I was pissed and heart broken, but then I just realized, I had an epic morning and nothing to complain about. One smallmouth, one walleye, and one musky. I shall return, maybe Thursday morning.

so many good reports coming out of there lately!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Nice job man! That is a nice walleye.

Is that one of the standard plastic lip grippers from austin kayak? I found the bass pro shops metal ones work better for pickerel. Dunno about Muskies though...
      Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
      Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
      Northern Pike: 24 inches
      Crappie: 12 inches
      Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Thanks!

Its the standard "Lip Gripper". Got it from Hook1 about 2 years ago. Its handled this walleye, bass, and 31" blue cats. So to me, its a solid gripper. I do keep a boga handy as a backup.

Comment

Like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What a day, were you above or below the dam?

Comment

Awesome! Nice fish.
              Hurricane Skimmer 128
              WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Nice going. That is some nice action. Congrats on the PB.

Mobile

Outback 2015
                Maui

Comment

Nice Job! Congrats on the PB eye!!
                  2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

That's a great trip. I can relate to your sorrow at not getting a photo of the muskellunge. I happened to not have a camera on me the day I lucked into one above Lander.

Comment

Nice walleye Bryan! Did you keep that one for the table?

Get back out there during the major feeding window and get us a picture of a big ole Musky!
                      Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice catch!
                        Mike

Comment

Congrats on the fish, I've never gotten a Musky...that's one of my bucket list fish for sure.

Originally posted by HearadonCatch View Post
                          Thanks!

Its the standard "Lip Gripper". Got it from Hook1 about 2 years ago. Its handled this walleye, bass, and 31" blue cats. So to me, its a solid gripper. I do keep a boga handy as a backup.
                          I used a Norton Fish Gripper (same make as yours) on a 29" Northern and it slipped out twice. Northern, Pickerel and Musky don't have a fat bottom lip like a bass. I did manage to get it in the kayak before it slipped out the first time. I don't have a net...been thinking of getting one.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Awesome! Congrats on the PB bro!

Sent from J-Boogie Yak Fishing Headquarters
                            Josh

2014 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120

Comment

I saw a small gaff/bonker for sale at the fishing flea market that could be easy to build. I need to get that project going.
                              PigPen - Mt Airy
                              Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Working...
                              X