Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurry and Register for the CBKA Tournament Sept 12-14, 2014....time is running out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in also. Just signed up.

I'll try to be humble when some incredibly desperate monster throws itself on my Hawg Trough and I win my first kayak tourney...or go bonkers cheering for some fool that had it happen to them.

I'll be tent camping.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Last year, half of the fun was the hanging out with fellow kayakers.....

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
        Last year, half of the fun was the hanging out with fellow kayakers.....
        This is why I'm not bringing my wife. She tells everyone I can't catch fish...whether that's true or not isn't needed around fish camp.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Rules say TOURNAMENT RULES

This is a Catch-Photo-Release tournament. All fish and crabs caught must be released.

Will we be penalized for bringing fish back? Mustafa's not going to have any fish to cook!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

Seriously guys and gals, this year capt bags are shaping up to have more great stuff then ever, even the non-premiums. You will get back more than the price of admission in free swag!
            Ryan
            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
              Rules say TOURNAMENT RULES

This is a Catch-Photo-Release tournament. All fish and crabs caught must be released.

Will we be penalized for bringing fish back? Mustafa's not going to have any fish to cook!
              The honor system is applied. You are certainly allowed to keep fish, just not the ones you plan to enter.
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                Seriously guys and gals, this year capt bags are shaping up to have more great stuff then ever, even the non-premiums. You will get back more than the price of admission in free swag!
                What's a non-premium? How do I get a premium?! ...premium sounds better :-)

Kokatat Pro Staff
                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

First 50 people signed up get a few more items, but many of our sponsors came through big this year to cover well past the 50 mark
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback

Comment

I'm honored to announce that my sponsor Balloon Fisherking has agreed to come onboard and sponsor the 2014 CBKA Tournament with some of his products. Martin I have the flyer as well for the capt. Bags. Let me know how many u need.... ballpark estimate ... and will print some extras
                    Tom Brown
                    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                    2012 Hobie PA 14'
                    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                      First 50 people signed up get a few more items, but many of our sponsors came through big this year to cover well past the 50 mark
                      How many so far?

Kokatat Pro Staff
                      Torqeedo Pro Staff
                      Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                        Alright I'm in and registered. I don't own a tent so I worked it out to borrow a friend's.
                        I'll break my rule about not fishing tournaments because I more want to hang out with you guys than stress if my fish is the biggest....doesn't matter. Money's going to charity and Mustafa's fish is going in my belly. Looking forward to hanging out with old friends and meeting new ones.
                        Plus 1
                        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I'm thinking about attending but I will be quite new to kayak fishing since I just acquired my kayak last week. Any advise?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mdfisherman57 View Post
                            I'm thinking about attending but I will be quite new to kayak fishing since I just acquired my kayak last week. Any advise?

I've only fished the eastern side of the bridge once. Best thing to do is work to catch that first fish and try to develop a pattern thereafter. First one is the toughest.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                            Torqeedo Pro Staff
                            Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by mdfisherman57 View Post

There are some easy species to catch for someone who is new to kayak fishing. Perch is one. You can jig for them, or bottom fish a hi-low rig with number 4 hooks tipped with bloodworms, grass shrimp, Fish Bites, Peeler crabs, etc. If you have a crab trap, then drop it off while you are fishing and you may catch a crab and win the crab division. Just coming to the Friday activities will give you the opportunity to talk to other kayakers and get more advice....

Comment

Do not forget the Post Hangout on Sunday before checking out. For those who stay Saturday night, go and fish Sunday morning with your fellow Anglers and bring a photo of your catch of the morning back to the camp in time for the 12:30pm (time subject to change) award for the biggest fish.....any kind of fish. This is the last chance to win a prize and hangout. Last year, the last group checked out of the camp by 4:00pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X