Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hurry and Register for the CBKA Tournament Sept 12-14, 2014....time is running out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurry and Register for the CBKA Tournament Sept 12-14, 2014....time is running out.

The CBKA Tournament is almost upon us. It is a local kayak fishing charity tournament to benefit the Make-A-Wish® Mid-Atlantic foundation and the Coastal Conservation Association of MD on September 12 - September 14. I am posting this on Snaggedline since we on Snaggedline have grown to over 2000 members. There are many who are new to kayak fishing and are unfamiliar with this kayak tournament. You do not have to be an expert at fishing to have a great time. There are kayak anglers of all skill levels who participate. It is the only kayak fishing tournament that has a crab division, so bring a crab cage and if you catch a Maryland Blue Crab, you can win one of three fantastic prizes. New this year, In addition to the launch at the Camp Wright beach and the Kent Island public launches that were allowed last year, participants are now allowed to launch from any publicly accessible launch in the following MD counties: Anne Arundel, Queen Anne's and Talbot. This opens up a lot of fishing possibilities, and gives your more options when the weather does not cooperate. Visit www.chesapeakebaykayakanglers.com/tournament.html for complete details on the tournament. Hurry and register before the price goes up. If you register soon, you will get a captain's bag with lots for fishing goodies and a tournament T-shirt. The captain's bag and t-shirts are not a guarantee. They will be provided as supplies last.

Here are some videos from previous CBKA Tournaments so you can have a feel of the fun times that were had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKI6feHXR4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeTOLp8-GDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiUK0wjLH5M
    Attached Files
    Last edited by moc; 07-22-2014, 06:31 AM.

I had some fellow kayakers new to the forum ask me about the CBKA Tournament in September. So I am commenting on this thread that has all of the links and information that they will need regarding the Tournament. It is for charity and a good cause. There is only a month left to register, so hurry and register so we can reserve one of our Captain's bag for you and a tournament t-shirt while supplies last. The tournament event starts on Friday, September 12, but the actually tournament is on Saturday, September 13, with post festivities occurring on Sunday morning before everyone leaves.

You do not need to be an experienced angler at all to participate and have fun. If you have ever been to a Meet and Greet that is hosted generally on the second Saturday of each month, then think of this as a super meet and greet.

So hurry up and register....time is winding down....See you there!

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
      I had some fellow kayakers new to the forum ask me about the CBKA Tournament in September. So I am commenting on this thread that has all of the links and information that they will need regarding the Tournament. It is for charity and a good cause. There is only a month left to register, so hurry and register so we can reserve one of our Captain's bag for you and a tournament t-shirt while supplies last. The tournament event starts on Friday, September 12, but the actually tournament is on Saturday, September 13, with post festivities occurring on Sunday morning before everyone leaves.

You do not need to be an experienced angler at all to participate and have fun. If you have ever been to a Meet and Greet that is hosted generally on the second Saturday of each month, then think of this as a super meet and greet.

Looking forward to all the festivities. Not a gaurentee if I can make it yet but I'm planning on bein there and hopefully Friday to lend a hand.

Comment

MOC,

How many registered so far..

Harry

Comment

I registered this week and I'm trying to get a few guys to join me who are not on the board. This is my first tournament, so I'm pretty excited!
          LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
          Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Anyone else doing this? I'm thinking about it but not too psyched about driving down from PA having never fished this spot
            Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
              Anyone else doing this? I'm thinking about it but not too psyched about driving down from PA having never fished this spot
              Last year there were over 100 anglers at the event with 80% members of this forum. It's a great time and fishing looks to be good this year. Plenty of places to fish regardless of weather and plenty of helpful anglers to point you in the right direction.

Comment

Matt is correct. Also, we have expanded the areas that you can fish for the tournament which should lend itself to better catching regardless of the weather compared to years past. Like I said before, it is like a big meet and great and a great time, so you will see many participants from this forum. There are several divisions that you can win a great prize, including our CRAB division , so bring your crab cages....you will never know.

Comment

Matt is correct. Also, we have expanded the areas that you can fish for the tournament which should lend itself to better catching regardless of the weather compared to years past. Like I said before, it is like a big meet and great and a great time, so you will see many participants from this forum. There are several divisions that you can win a great prize, including our CRAB division , so bring your crab cages....you will never know.

You don't need a crab pot just my crab fly!

Comment

grandson's B-day.....will have to miss
                    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I can't wait. This is also my first tournament, with hopefully many more to follow.
                      Travis
                      Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
                      Orange Old Town NEXT
                      USN

Comment

sounds like a good time! if you register for the tournament, do you have to show up for all 3 days? i would still be at work at 3pm so i would miss receiving a captains bag and measuring device along with the meeting..
                        Michael
                        2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
                        Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

It is not mandatory to show up for all three days. It is advisable to show up for the Captain's meeting on Friday at 6pm, and the actual tournament is on Saturday. Some kayakers leave Saturday night, and some stay until mid-day on Sunday to fish. That being said, there is a lot going on over the weekend from Friday to Sunday, so try to take in on the fun, but if only Saturday is your only time, then that is fine. Over the last few years, those that came in on Saturday, came in early around 5am to either register, check in, get their identifier for their photos, and to sign the waiver before fishing at first safe light.

Hope to see you there. Just look at the photos and videos on the web to get a feel of how fun this tournament is.

Comment

Originally posted by Romo View Post
                            Come on, you could catch a big black drum...
                            Ryan
                            Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

It is going to be tough for me this year, but if at all possible, I will be there Saturday- I entered but maynot be able to attend due to a week long business trip out on the west coast- depends on when my plane lands at BWI on Friday evening September 12th or if we have any delays- wife is not happy but understands the charity-
                              "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                              2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                              "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                              Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                              X