SH fishing Friday 7-25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SH fishing Friday 7-25

I and Mustafa plan to go SH fishing. We will launch around 4pm at Occoquan regional park and fish till dark. Everyone is welcome.

Since some people might be new to SH fishing. Here are the lures & hook size that I use:

I like the 5/0 hook (I think 6/0 will work too) with and without weight
    uploadfromtaptalk1406044547527.jpg

I recently start using zman plastic frog and I find that its quite durable. I don't have to replace lure every other fish anymore.
    uploadfromtaptalk1406044818464.jpg

I also use top water hallow frog. There are many brands for this, some cost up to $15 each. I find this out the hard way, SH don't care about which brand of frog you use. I caught my biggest SH on a generic hallow frog I bought amazon. I think it was like $18 for 5. It even include a case for it, the 14.5 lbs was happily inhale the green one.
    uploadfromtaptalk1406045024014.jpg

The box include some expensive kvd sexy frog, live target frog, and generic frog. All of them work as good as the other. I favor the green one.

We are thinking of launching around 4pm at Occoquan regional park. There is a 4-5 dollars launching fee for kayak. A simple google search will give you he location of the park. Its quite easy to find.

Comment

Count me in, I'll be there.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieru View Post
        Count me in, I'll be there.
        Cool, we might have 5 or 6 now. I didn't realize you were back from your vacation already either. I met some people fishing there and they told me some other spots that they caught some SH too.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
          Cool, we might have 5 or 6 now. I didn't realize you were back from your vacation already either. I met some people fishing there and they told me some other spots that they caught some SH too.
          Just got back yesterday. I am ready to get some snakeheads.

Comment

Working...
          X