Sunday Night Bass and Walleye - Non Kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Night Bass and Walleye - Non Kayak

So jealous...I just want to catch some walleye and have no friggin' clue how or where to do it....ah, the humanity! Good for you guys.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Nice fish guys.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

All fish caught within the first hour of sunset. Rattling crank baits and suspending jerk baits.
        I would say do some research and determine what rivers or lakes near you might have walleyes. The river walleyes I've caught seem to get active within the first hour of sunset. Most of the time we are catching them on floating crank baits that rattle, or suspending jerk baits like x-raps or Pointer 78's. These fish aren't real deep, but seem to be moving to shallower water looking for food. The fish we are catching are on the edge of current seams. Sometimes they position themselves to trap bait fish against structure like large rocks and ledges. We have found it's best to get to the site about an hour before sunset. That way you can scope out the area and get situated for darkness. Along the way you can probably catch some bass before it gets dark. Last night I was surprised that the bass I caught was eating in virtually total darkness. No moon light and it was after 9:30PM when it sucked in my x-rap.

Comment

Nice work Tom! That is another awesome walleye!

Largemouth bass (depending on which study you read, see about 5 to 10 times better in low light conditions than the human eye
          Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice Job Tom!
            2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice job guys. Those are some nice walleyes.

Mobile

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

Very nice
                2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Nice fish! I've never caught walleye here in the states...
                  Only in Canada. I hope to be catching them next week up north.

Comment

Working...
                  X