Kayaking caught some attention...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayaking caught some attention...

I often cheat on the snagged line forum with the catfish1 forum. An awesome guy from WV saw my catfish posts and offered to take me out when he came down again. I don't usually meet up with men I've met on the internet!LOL. Great guy. We met up at Marshall hall around 8pm and went south. Too far for kayaking, but it was awesome. We were running 8 rods, 60-80lb test line, 16 ounce sinkers and while blue gill...I hooked my personal best, 15,17, and a 20lb. We caught about 9 total, and lost a beast of a cat. It was easily double my 20 pounder. Just looked like a white log rolling over next to the boat. I also stole his idea if a hook keeper. I set all my rods up today that did not have them built in... 3 zip ties...uploadfromtaptalk1405903269914.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405903279247.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405903285931.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405903300081.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405903310077.jpg
    Hobie Outback
    Stand Up Paddle Board
    Pelican 100

Two guys...alone...that met online...at night....on a boat...where no one knows where they are..................only sounds weird when you say it aloud
    At any rate, glad you guys got some nice fish. Did you find fishing at night made a difference?

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Comment

Great post. Thanks for sharing!
      Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
      Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
        Two guys...alone...that met online...at night....on a boat...where no one knows where they are..................only sounds weird when you say it aloud
        LMFAO!

Nice fish!!!
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Thats the funniest ever.best post

Comment

The fish were larger, but I think that due to location and depth though. We got there before dark and the fish were already there. He was running a lowrance elite 5. You could tell the catfish in the screen because of their heads. The fish indicator would have a yellow blob on one end. Having 8 rods out helped too. Same depth as I usually fish, 19 to 25 feet, but we were able to fish the channel edge. That is more difficult when the other boats are zipping around from the kayak.

He said his friends had asked if he had met me before. Mine asked the same. We came to to the conclusion that serial killers probably aren't stalking the fishing forums. Fishing provides its own therapy.
            Hobie Outback
            Stand Up Paddle Board
            Pelican 100

Comment

Awesome catch. Sure would be fun to pull that up on the yak.
              Originally posted by clm View Post
              We came to to the conclusion that serial killers probably aren't stalking the fishing forums .
              Well, now that's a relief.
              2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
              Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Great post and nice hook keeper idea.

Comment

Working...
                X