severn 7/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• severn 7/19

launched out of Jonas Green yesterday about 9:30am in search of some croakers and perch for grilling caught the last of the incoming tide and stayed for the out going started of slow with a few croakers and small perch on blood worms and finish with only 3 keeper croaker and no perch ( only like them 10 " or better) caught all keepers over the various oyster beds got a lot of smalls around piers on lures and nothing would eat shrimp. Had a good size fish blow up on some bait on the way back in but couldn't get it interested in my offerings. Nothing like fresh fish for dinnercroaker.jpg
    D Hawk
    Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
    Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Try casting a silver spoon in to the bait ball when fish are busting them on the surface.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Nice Croaker DHawk! Jonas was one of my most productive areas last summer. Always limited on stripers within the first hour then finished the day catching perch in Weems. This summer has not shown the same results. Do you live on Stoney Creek? My cousin just purchased a house on the creek and had a pier installed. If you cross over the bridge on Ft Smallwood toward Pasadena, his house is the small brick rancher with the red roof on the left. He is usually posting pics of nice white perch and the occasional striper.
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Nice job dhawk!

Mobile

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

will try that next time my spare rod was rigged with a paddle tail so thats what got tossed
          Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
          Try casting a silver spoon in to the bait ball when fish are busting them on the surface.
          D Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
            Nice Croaker DHawk! Jonas was one of my most productive areas last summer. Always limited on stripers within the first hour then finished the day catching perch in Weems. This summer has not shown the same results. Do you live on Stoney Creek? My cousin just purchased a house on the creek and had a pier installed. If you cross over the bridge on Ft Smallwood toward Pasadena, his house is the small brick rancher with the red roof on the left. He is usually posting pics of nice white perch and the occasional striper.
            I rent a house on the same side im further down back in the cove before you get to the town houses the perch have been lively this year but they arrived late i haven't caught a Striper since April don't know where they went or it could just be me.
            D Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by Goody View Post
              Nice job dhawk!

Mobile
              To be honest the 2 biggest my nephew caught on blood worms while I was swearing shrimp were my goto for craoker in the severn go figure
              D Hawk

Comment

Working...
              X