No announcement yet.

Bay Bridge Saturday 7/19/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the report. Grats on the nice Perch haul!
    2013 Yellow Hobie Outback
    Kayak Fishing Blog - Cymbula Piscator

Comment

Thanks to all for the compliments
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Great catch. I was out there Saturday early as well. Before I went I too decided to buy Spot at Anglers and got the same response. So I fished for a couple hours under the bridge. I caught a 7 inch Striper over by the shore you're describing, then back to the bridge and caught a 9 inch Perch. Decided to give up on Striper fishing and concentrated on Perch, but soon I hit a school of Spot and caught 9 in 30 minutes. All were 8-8.5 inches but one. Long story short, after a long day I ended up some great Perch and Spot fishcakes for lunch on Sunday and Pan fried Sunday night. Unless things change, this year might be dedicated to finding big Perch. Thanks for the report. I want to go out for a little after work tomorrow and was wondering where to find some quick to get to Perch.

Comment

This is the are I was fishing for the perch. If you are close to the Bay bridge, other areas like Weems Creek and the Severn River will hold perch. They should be in all tidal rivers by now holding tight to the shorelines

2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Thanks for the map. I caught my 7" rockfish right next to the nest at the end of the rock breakwater on the south. You are right, that is generally about 2 foot or less depth in that area. If the weather moves through quickly enough I may be out there tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Working...
            X