CHSP July 8 and 11 - No triggerfish yet, but there are plenty of Togs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M_Duong60 View Post
    Tog don't hit lures except for rare cases. You can use crabs, sandfleas, shrimp, and clams on a 2/0-4/0 octopus hook.
    Thank you for the info! I will definitely have to make my way up there sometime soon.
    Laura (aka zeebyrd)
    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
      Joe let me know next time and I'll bring my fins. You good for any mid week trips next week?
      Tomorrow, July 17th (Thur)
      This Sat, July 19th
      July 29th (Tue)

I saw a 40 lb black drum. But it was too big for my level.

joe
      Fish like there's no tomorrow.
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Bring back a flounder for me

Comment

Thanks for the info! I'll be out there July 27th, hoping to hook up with one of the bigger tog, last time was a 15 1/2" and 17", so I'd like to see a +20". Really fun type of fishing, may be my new favorite.
          Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
            Tomorrow, July 17th (Thur)
            This Sat, July 19th
            July 29th (Tue)

I saw a 40 lb black drum. But it was too big for my level.

joe
            July 29th might work for me. Heading south this weekend .
            Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I have read through this whole thread and I would like to tag along if possible. I am new to yak fishing and have had my trident 13 out to the pier three times so far. Now that summer lacrosse tournaments for the kids are over, I am going to be hitting the water more often. I live 15 min from CHSP and was actually there this am with no luck... Let me know when you plan your next run and if it is possible that I join you, not trying to invite myself so please don't feel obligated to say yes..lol.. Great video by the way... One of my HS lax players does a lot of diving at the wall and has told me some pretty cool stories etc.. Cool to see it on video...
              Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoastlaxin View Post
                I have read through this whole thread and I would like to tag along if possible. I am new to yak fishing and have had my trident 13 out to the pier three times so far. Now that summer lacrosse tournaments for the kids are over, I am going to be hitting the water more often. I live 15 min from CHSP and was actually there this am with no luck... Let me know when you plan your next run and if it is possible that I join you, not trying to invite myself so please don't feel obligated to say yes..lol.. Great video by the way... One of my HS lax players does a lot of diving at the wall and has told me some pretty cool stories etc.. Cool to see it on video...
                15 minutes to the fishing capital of Delaware... So jealous!

Comment

Yes it is nice... When I have time...lol... I'm a teacher so I have the whole summer off but both kids involved in travel ball finds me running around all over the east coast watching lacrosse rather than floating in my kayak. Got into kayak fishing after I sold my boat due to the 14K price tag for braces.. So I am trying to learn the "way of the yak"....
                  Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

That video is one of the best I've seen. Cool variety.

Comment

Great video!! Were the noises I was hearing that of the yak bouncing off the boulders? If so, doesn't it get gouged?

Additionally, what is the launch like at CHSP? My wife go there several times during the summer but I have only surf fished there.

Thanks again,

John
                      John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
                      MK Endura Max 55 backup power
                      Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Extremely easy next to the fishing pier. I would recommend bringing a cart for the yak though, a bit far to hand carry and do multiple trips from the parking lot.
                        Hobie Outback - Orange

Where Land Ends...Life Begins

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoastlaxin View Post
                          My two sons played lax and football. We also did all kinds of dives. I was the only one didn't do sky diving. Yes once they left home I had more time to fish. I am scheduled to work weekends until the last week of August. But I am off every Tuesday.
                          I will PM you on Monday.

Joe
                          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
                          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
                          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
                          X