Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie® mirage® pro angler 17 tandem

pro-angler-17t-studio-3-4-dune-shadowed.jpg
    ENTER.....The Pro Angler 17T (Tandem) weighs in at 185 pounds fitted, and a whopping 230lbs pounds fully rigged with standard features and has a 900-pound capacity.
    MSP $5,299

Thoughts?

There was a good bit of discussion earlier today in the iCast thread:

ICAST is this week.

It's a bit too big/heavy for me, I'd go with an Outfitter or Oasis first.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

I think a hollowed out log might be more hydrodynamic. No insult intended. Just being funny! Maybe needs a sail and outboard.
      PigPen - Mt Airy
      Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

I liken it to a jon boat or a small bass boat. I think it definitely has it's applications, certainly for a father/son combo. However, at that price, I'd rather just buy two Outbacks.
        I think it'd be fun to go out with a friend, but you'd always need to go with someone. I don't think you'd want to do it solo.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

I always thought the Pro-Angler was a bit much.... this is thing ridiculous... But to each his own I guess

Comment

My pro angler now is to much for my type of fishing.. it's an outstanding boat.. but it's terrible fishing docks n shorelines.. I keep kicking the tires on a slayer propel.. but the slayer just doesn't have enough features yet
            Zach Moore
            Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
            Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
            Bait Towel Pro Staff
            2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
            YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
              I liken it to a jon boat or a small bass boat. I think it definitely has it's applications, certainly for a father/son combo. However, at that price, I'd rather just buy two Outbacks.
              I think it'd be fun to go out with a friend, but you'd always need to go with someone. I don't think you'd want to do it solo.
              I want to know how you will get it to the water ........ the HD scupper cart barely handles the PA and 17 ft 300+ lbs loaded will put alot of strain on scupper holes ......... guess you could use a trailer but that is very limiting on access to places you want to fish ........ Hobie says there will be accessories but say nothing about a cart.

Comment

I think it would be fairly easy for the person in the front seat to put a hook in the person in the back when casting. To me it may work in theory but be a dismal failure in reality. At the price, two Outbacks would be cheaper and be a better option. Owning that tub you would need another kayak for fishing minus a partner and maybe that's part of the plan. I own two PA-14's but I have no interest in a tandem like that. When it comes to spending 5k+, I would be thinking aluminium.
                HOBIE: 2012 PA-14 (Dune) & 2013 PA-14 (Yellow)

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                  I want to know how you will get it to the water ........ the HD scupper cart barely handles the PA and 17 ft 300+ lbs loaded will put alot of strain on scupper holes ......... guess you could use a trailer but that is very limiting on access to places you want to fish ........ Hobie says there will be accessories but say nothing about a cart.
                  There was another post about the PA17 with a video. It looks like there's a "super cart" for it. It's really big.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                  Kokatat Pro Staff
                  Torqeedo Pro Staff
                  Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                  Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                    There was another post about the PA17 with a video. It looks like there's a "super cart" for it. It's really big.

Here it is:
                    http://www.gbrx.com/files/images/Sit...s/flat_car.jpg
                    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Originally posted by bruce19365 View Post
                      I think it would be fairly easy for the person in the front seat to put a hook in the person in the back when casting.
                      Been there....
                      Three men in a canoe. The guy in the middle whips back to cast and hooks me in the face.
                      Ouch.
                      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by bruce19365 View Post
                        I think it would be fairly easy for the person in the front seat to put a hook in the person in the back when casting. To me it may work in theory but be a dismal failure in reality. At the price, two Outbacks would be cheaper and be a better option. Owning that tub you would need another kayak for fishing minus a partner and maybe that's part of the plan. I own two PA-14's but I have no interest in a tandem like that. When it comes to spending 5k+, I would be thinking aluminium.
                        To 5k I'd like to get the same version of my plastic boat but in carbon fiber. Imagine hitting the water with a propel drive a 50lbs lighter.
                        PigPen - Mt Airy
                        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

I'd get a second Outback.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
                            LOL Metro.....probably too small and not enough features

I'll bet this thing does not fly
                            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I believe this is the cart from the video, since the PA14 and the adventure island share the same cradle mounts. For $500 you could have one too. http://www.austinkayak.com/products/...289172&scr=11/

Comment

Working...
                              X