No announcement yet.

Hobie® mirage® pro angler 17 tandem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This beastly contraption needs a serious advertisement campaign. I'm thinking Arnold Schwarzenegger towing it to the water behind his Humvee. He exits from the left, Dolf Lundgren from the right onto the rocky Alaskan shoreline. Loaded up with their 900lbs of gear they hoist it overhead and set off down the beach. After peddling out BTB, they set their spread of handlines baited with live seals in search of the elusive orca. After throwing back dozens of shorts, they finally limit out. They begin to peddle in, with their catch on a stringer and a beautiful Yukon sunset at their back. Not that I put a lot of thought into it or anything.

Comment

I'm sure that we could all put our heads together, outfit one of these with hydraulics and have it in the water for the next season of Deadliest Catch.

Comment

You guys are a riot. It's funny you're all beating up Hobie about their new product but the really deserve credit for thinking outside the box. This kayak would be perfect for some but certainly not most.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
        Live for today, and fish often...
        2014 Pro Angler 14
        St. Jerome Creek, Dameron

Comment

Jambone....with so many lakes being electric motor or manpower only, this might be an alternative to the many small electric powered bass boats out there....but few....maybe none... of these hs such a price tag. I can only imagine trailering it or habing it moored at the peir. I still doubt their is a market at that price and that it will be a short lived model

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

this thing has to be rated for 25hp motor... twin trolling motor..

its actually a really cool set up.. so much room.. can go with a friend.. im pretty sure some of the older guys who have lots of money and have grand kids or sons who like to fish lakes this will appeal to them
            Zach Moore
            Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
            Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
            Bait Towel Pro Staff
            2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
            YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Jambone- I was simply making a humorous statement about all of this boats abilities and attributes. While I believe that there is only a niche market for this boat, it seems like a fully capable craft. If I had the space to store it, someone to fish with regularly and the money to buy it, along with a $500 cart and $1000 for a trailer, Dennis could probably talk me into buying one. That's all I'm sying.

Comment

At first I couldn't believe the size, but really they're just targeting a wholly different market than most in this forum (myself included) and I'm sure it will be profitable to a certain degree. I sort of throw it into the adventure island category: it's huge and pretty impractical for most but if you can manage it, man what a fun rig. If I were a betting man, Hobie's next big breakthrough that will totally drown the Slayer line will be designing a reversible drive--that's really the only thing the Slayer has over Hobie as the Hobie features/overall quality are too good. Once they figure that out it's game over; I'm sure it won't be long before they have it.

Comment

This is strange! I was in bybs a couple weeks ago getting a cable repaired and saw the tandem outback and asked Denis why they didn't have a pa tandem. He said it would bs real heavy and hard to handle. I guess he's not in the Hobie loop;-)

Christ just get a Jon boat!

Comment

Im not droppin 6 grand on a kayak....

Comment

Originally posted by FRED driver View Post
                      At first I couldn't believe the size, but really they're just targeting a wholly different market than most in this forum (myself included) and I'm sure it will be profitable to a certain degree. I sort of throw it into the adventure island category: it's huge and pretty impractical for most but if you can manage it, man what a fun rig. If I were a betting man, Hobie's next big breakthrough that will totally drown the Slayer line will be designing a reversible drive--that's really the only thing the Slayer has over Hobie as the Hobie features/overall quality are too good. Once they figure that out it's game over; I'm sure it won't be long before they have it.
                      I seriously don't see they can make mirage drive go reverse.

Comment

If i had the money, id run a 25/20jet on the back and run rivers with it. I think it would be a sick river rig.
                        Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                        -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                        -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Originally posted by Jaspratt View Post
                          If i had the money, id run a 25/20jet on the back and run rivers with it. I think it would be a sick river rig.
                          If I have money I'll rig a jet ski to go fish

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
                            If I have money I'll rig a jet ski to go fish
                            Cant run a jekski on a rocky shallow river. If i were to run it in open water id have a prop. But te only reason id buy it would be for the rivers
                            Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                            -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                            -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

I'm waiting for the 3-seater.
                              Mike S.
                              Hobie Outback
                              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by chex View Post
                                I'm waiting for the 3-seater.
                                lol
                                2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)