Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chex View Post
    I'm waiting for the 3-seater.
    I am currently designing a PVC Poling Platform. Next I'm going to set up one with with triple torqueedos and a PVC tuna tower. The possibilities are endless.

Comment

Just Sayin

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
      I seriously don't see they can make mirage drive go reverse.
      I have never seen a kayak with this system, but if the kayak goes forward with the drives set as designed, wouldn't the kayak go backwards if they made it so the drives could be turned 180 degrees? I cannot understand why they don't already have this capability.

Comment

Originally posted by tgplzil View Post
        I have never seen a kayak with this system, but if the kayak goes forward with the drives set as designed, wouldn't the kayak go backwards if they made it so the drives could be turned 180 degrees? I cannot understand why they don't already have this capability.
        Propel drives can go forward or reverse by default. Hobie Mirage drives can be flipped 180º, but I usually just grab the paddle to push backward.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
          Hobie Mirage drives can be flipped 180º, but I usually just grab the paddle to push backward.
          Get a tandem and fish two people with one drive forward and one reverse ... who said Hobie didn't have reverse ...

Comment

Originally posted by Skidsteer View Post
            Get a tandem and fish two people with one drive forward and one reverse ... who said Hobie didn't have reverse ...
            I like the catamaran that someone made out of two propel kayaks. I bet you could spin that like a tank/skidsteer (Bobcat). LOL
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
              I like the catamaran that someone made out of two propel kayaks. I bet you could spin that like a tank/skidsteer (Bobcat). LOL
              Too funny ... some guy called skidsteer made that thing ...

Comment

Originally posted by Skidsteer View Post
                Too funny ... some guy called skidsteer made that thing ...
                I couldn't remember who it was, and I was on my phone...so searching wasn't happening.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

I'm guessing the Hobie engineers are going to be well-compensated starting around October or so

(In reference to the discussion on this thread about Hobie coming up with reverse)

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
                    If I have money I'll rig a jet ski to go fish
                    This guy took it to another level! Buddy took the picture in Lewes. Notice the extra fuel cans! Somebody might run into this guy in Blue water 50 miles out with a 100 pound Yellowfin on the line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    WOOD DUCK 12

Comment

Originally posted by WOOD YAK View Post
                      This guy took it to another level! Buddy took the picture in Lewes. Notice the extra fuel cans! Somebody might run into this guy in Blue water 50 miles out with a 100 pound Yellowfin on the line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      These guys are legit with the offshore thing. IDK if it's this guy in particular (if it isn't I'm sure they know each other b/c there arent too many offshore jet ski fisherman), but one Delaware guy recently caught a White Marlin offshore of OC.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                      Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                      X