My Pre-V1 mirage drive fix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Pre-V1 mirage drive fix.

I have a 2006 outback, while in mallows bay the girlfriend clipped a random bolt with it and broke a plastic piece that holds the fins in place, after finding out backyard boats doesn't have the piece in stock and being short on waiting time i decided to machine my own replacement part from aluminum. Now everything works great and i may have to make a second part from aluminum so it will never break. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
    -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
    -Orange Heritage featherlite

Nice job.

Definitely stronger than the original.

My dad was a tool and die maker so I appreciate folks like you who can make precision parts from a chunk of metal.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I see someone had a little extra time at work. Nice job.
      Jim

Hobie Outback
      TKAA member
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Nicely done. That's awesome.

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

Thanks guys, for the positive feed back
          Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
          -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole

Comment

ill take 2 for 15 bucks
            Zach Moore
            Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
            Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
            Bait Towel Pro Staff
            2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
            YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Jason ....... you ARE the go to guy for Fabricating parts ........ did a GREAT job on the rod mounts on my rod wrapper and this is another great job

Comment

Zach i think your drive is the newer version so you wont need these parts, but we can look at your drive and make something out of metal lol. Thanks Rick! That means alot
                Jason

Comment

Wow dude! That's impressive!
                  -Mustafa
                  ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                  2016 Hobie Outback
                  2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                  "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

You have CNC machine in your garage? Looks great!
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks, i have a manual bench top mill. That part i had to flip around 5 times. If i had a cnc it would be an easy 2 operation job. But thats ok im just glad i can do this stuff on my free time then having to sneak around work to get it done.
                      Jason

Comment

You should consider selling those as after market to other people. My gravely tractor has a big following and there are many websites and markets for machinists to sell replacement and upgraded parts.
                        PigPen - Mt Airy
                        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Nice job man. I like it! I'd love to have my own mill, but don't have the room for that. Again, good work!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Kokatat Pro Staff
                          Torqeedo Pro Staff
                          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                          Alan

Comment

I continue to be amazed at the talented folks on this forum.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                            Kokatat Pro Staff
                            Torqeedo Pro Staff
                            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                            Alan

Comment

Nice work there. I have a slightly different opinion. If a part in a drive train is to strong then it will break somewhere else. That part looks cheap. I would replace it with OEM.

Comment

Working...
                              X