ICAST is this week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICAST is this week.

All the new stuff will be brought out including the Propel 10 and Old Towns new Proplusion yak.

http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/icast/
    Deadwood (Dave)
    West River & Miles River
    2-Old Town Dirigo 12's,2-Old Town Vapors 10ft, 1-NWSlayer Propel13.
    If you dont go, you wont know, and you got to have bait in the water.

Its electric. See stand alone Post titlde Old Town Predator XL
    Deadwood (Dave)
    West River & Miles River
    2-Old Town Dirigo 12's,2-Old Town Vapors 10ft, 1-NWSlayer Propel13.
    If you dont go, you wont know, and you got to have bait in the water.

Comment

How about that hobie pro angler 17? Was really just hoping for a retrofitted revo seat upgrade.... not a $5000 tandem barge
      Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

The PA 17T is really quite insane...
        http://m.kayakfishmag.com/news/mirag...ler-17-tandem/

If there was still a line in place between Hobie and boat they have officially crossed it... wow
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
          The PA 17T is really quite insane...
          http://m.kayakfishmag.com/news/mirag...ler-17-tandem/

If there was still a line in place between Hobie and boat they have officially crossed it... wow
          LOL
          At 185lbs, dry and unloaded, I think a Jon Boat would be a better solution.
          2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
          Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Did anyone see this:

http://www.rapidmedia.com/kayak-fish...17-tandem.html

Yeah, I know you did...it's big. A john boat, trailer, electric motor(s), ff/gps would be cheaper.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
              LOL
              At 185lbs, dry and unloaded, I think a Jon Boat would be a better solution.
              ........ Why do you guys think of a yak as a cheap solution for a boat. They're not. They offer a TON of advantages over a Jon Boat. Trust me I know ....... I have a nice Jon boat too.

That said ......... there is no mention of a cart for it. The HD Cart they have today is less than adequate for the PA today and is definitely not adequate for that monster. Can you think of how much stress there will be on the scupper holes when you are wheeling a fully loaded 17 ft 250 - 300 lb yak to the water ........... I want to see how they plan on getting it into the water.

Comment

ICAST is this week.

Sorry. But that's what that one looks like... an overpriced Jon boat.

I've got one too and I'm pretty sure I can take it almost everywhere you can go with that tandem Pro Angler.

Sent from my PalmPilot
                2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I think they're banking on everyone trailering it and won't release a cart for it. They're crossing boundaries and messing with the definition of "kayak" here. One of the main reasons I love kayaking is the ability (even with the substantial size and weight of the revo 13) to launch anywhere I want. No need for ramps. This is the one of 2 reasons I have not upgraded to a PA14 (the other being the $3000 price tag). Even for 2 adults its gonna be tough to carry that thing from a trailer to the water. I don't see this being a success but I could of course be totally wrong. Maybe there are hoards of people knocking on their door for a $5000 kayak/jon boat thing but I just don't see it even as a huge hobie supporter.

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Why are they going with bigger & heavier is better? Why not make it lighter? why? why? why? I want my Trident to be like 40 lbs lol, add some rail, some cups holder, etc.

Or reduce the current weight of Revo, Outback and PA. Find more durable & lighter material!!!

Comment

That's what I'm saying. If my revo was 20 lbs lighter and had a more ergonomic seat I'd be in heaven and not in the chiropractor's office. Maybe even improve the mirage drive somehow? I'm sure there's some more thrust to be had there or some parts that could be reengineered to reduce stress on the masts with turbos.

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Did anybody see ocean kayaks post on facebook? I'm curious if the kayak in the middle is a prowler 13? It looks like it but offered in urban camo, and the new quick seal hatch. If so I know what I'm upgrading to next year!
                        Tan-Tarpon 140
                        Lime-Pelican Matrix
                        Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

ocean kayak p.jpg
                          Tan-Tarpon 140
                          Lime-Pelican Matrix
                          Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

The one of the left looks like my predator 13
                            Cuda 14
                            Big tuna

Comment

Originally posted by Snakehead Hunter View Post
                              Why are they going with bigger & heavier is better? Why not make it lighter? why? why? why? I want my Trident to be like 40 lbs lol, add some rail, some cups holder, etc.

Or reduce the current weight of Revo, Outback and PA. Find more durable & lighter material!!!
                              I agree, especially with my back problems. You ever look at Hurricane Kayaks? I've seen some guys with them out at cbbt and checked them out online. Hurricane Skimmer 140 is only 52lbs. Seriously considering getting one, but I wish I could demo somewhere in the salt to see how it paddles.

Comment

Working...
                              X