No announcement yet.

Gulp Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will regular soft plastics absorb the juice at all? I've thought about trying it, just never got around to it.
    Native Slayer 12
    Native Ultimate

Comment

Originally posted by gliebig View Post
      Will regular soft plastics absorb the juice at all? I've thought about trying it, just never got around to it.
      I don't know if they do but I keep swimming mullets and shads in the Gulp oil myself. I haven't conducted any scientific experiments but I have caught fish on those baits.

John
      John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
      MK Endura Max 55 backup power
      Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

I noticed that I had some stiff ones this weekend in 5" chartreuse color. They also just don't look quite right.

Comment

Pulling them by the tail stretching them a few times will soften them a little!

GB

Comment

Seems like a ridiculous response from Berkeley. How about send me a new pack and get some quality control?! I have yet to encounter one of the defective hard gulp packs but I have had a few that would tear in half if you even looked at them funny. Since no one up here has live spot yet I have been forced to use gulp and strips from croaker/blues/flounder and have been having great success despite the croakers and searobins tearing up my gulp.
            Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Skidsteer View Post
              Berkley customer service said to take them out of the tub and soak them in mineral water.
              Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
              mineral water? Like Perrier or club soda?
              Originally posted by Skidsteer View Post
              That's what I'm going to try ...
              What?! Berkley wants you to wash your baits in Perrier?
              Guess I should be using caviar for Trout. And gold-plated spinners for SMB.
              2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
              Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Berkley said: "We apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced with this product. We noticed that you had purchased this bait from eBay. Unfortunately, because eBay is not one of our approved vendors of our products we cannot honor the warranty on your Gulp! 2” Minnow Grubs in Chartreuse. The reason eBay is not an approved vendor is because it is a third party marketplace where we cannot guarantee the integrity of the product has been maintained and the warranty is only applicable to the original purchaser of the product."

Thankfully the eBay seller said: "Just keep the product I will issue a refund.- college4three"

And they issued a refund almost immediately!

So if you buy on eBay - look for the seller "college4three" - they'll treat you right even if Berkley won't.

Comment

Way to be berkeley. Someone suggested on another site that they start selling gulp in soft, medium and hard varieties. The same product pitched 3 different ways for "differing conditions?" Marketing genius!

On a side note I bought a few packs of gulp last week and dumped them into some existing gulp buckets with some baits that are probably about 2 years old. The difference is crazy. The older baits are so much tougher and have so many holes from hooking and re-hooking. The new ones almost all are done after 1 fluke. I really like to fish the 4" and 5" minnows and have been hooking them sideways and upside down and still catching. I talked to guys who were using "meat," excite-a-bite and something from yo-zuri but I was outfishing them all with gulp so I guess I'll just deal with it.
                  Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

That's a shame about Berkley. I always like it when companies back their products, looks like they don't hold up to it here. I wonder what a good alternative is? I use them with fish bites, but never tried just fishbites alone.

Comment

Man that sucks about them not helping out more. Did they ask you where you bought them from? I don't recall them asking me. Have you had a chance to try the mineral water suggestion?

An alternative that I have had success with, if you're looking, are the Mr. Twister saltwater exude curly tails. They work really well! I just wish that you could buy more than just the qty in a packet. Word to the wise with them though... make sure you don't get the unused ones wet. They get all slimey and what not! I'm not sure if it hurts their effectiveness or not, but it makes a mess!

Comment

So that's the smell....................

Comment

Yea I bought two of the plastic packs and as soon as they got jumbled up in the bag they all formed a 90 degree crease where the tail met the body. Really messed up the action.
                          Zack
                          Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
                          Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
                          "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Working...
                          X