Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to finally let the cat out of the bag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm certainly interested in one of these. I'll pre-order sometime next week!
    Live every week like it's shark week.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
      Oh wow. This is way cool Alan.
      I'm definitely down for a copy!
      Paypal sent.

Looking forward to it!
      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

The first 5 proof books arrived at my doorstep today. They are looking really sharp. I'm glad that I went with the higher quality matte cover finish over the glossy. It has a much better feel. It's a small thing, but I want to be proud of what I put out there for everyone. I spent tons of time on that cover trying to give out a little piece of art to everyone. I hope you guys like it!

I've got to give these proof books a hard look before finalizing them and placing a bulk order. Updates posted on the FB page. https://www.facebook.com/chesapeake.kayak.trolling
        Attached Files

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

I'm definitely want one, I always like to support the small business man.
          Travis
          Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
          Orange Old Town NEXT
          USN

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
            The first 5 proof books arrived at my doorstep today. They are looking really sharp. I'm glad that I went with the higher quality matte cover finish over the glossy. It has a much better feel. It's a small thing, but I want to be proud of what I put out there for everyone. I spent tons of time on that cover trying to give out a little piece of art to everyone. I hope you guys like it!

I've got to give these proof books a hard look before finalizing them and placing a bulk order. Updates posted on the FB page. https://www.facebook.com/chesapeake.kayak.trolling
            I was very happy with the proofs and I approved them for distribution. I've ordered books for everyone that asked for one, plus some inventory to fulfill additional orders. They'll be at my house within a week or two. Please visit the Facebook page (click link in my signature) to complete your order. All of these books will be personally signed.

It is supposed to show up on Amazon in 3-5 days. These books cannot be signed since they do not go through my hands.

I'm also going to try asking local tackle shops like Herb's, Tochermans and Anglers if they'll carry it. I'm not sure how warm of a reception I'll get, but it can't hurt to try, right? Do guys have ideas where I can give it a shot? Favorite tackle shops, paddle shops, etc? I'm all ears. Thanks for the support. I never could have done this without everyone's help!

Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Don't forget the kayak shops and places that sell kayak stuff like REI. When it's here, the TKAA, Tidalfish and SOL etc ........ Chris's down at the CBBT etc

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                Please visit the Facebook page (click link in my signature) to complete your order. All of these books will be personally signed.
                2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Hey good work on the book, looks good from the cover. I'd like to get one, but seems I can't figure out how to buy it off the facebook page. I just get the picture of the cover and it's cut off at the bottom. Got a link to the pay pal?

Comment

Oops, nevermind I figured it out. I was zoomed in and it cut off the paypal button.

Comment

Alan, not sure if West Marine would.. but a lot of traffic in and out. nice cover like the photo from the back...lookin forward to reading it.

Comment

Please put me down for an autographed copy. Pm me with details on pmt when the books are ready. The pages look nice. Cant waite to get my copy. Thanks for doing this...
                        Tom Brown
                        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                        2012 Hobie PA 14'
                        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Just saw your FB post from the 10th & sent paypal payment. Can't wait to read it!
                          Mike

Comment

Just saw this thread... CONGRATS Alan! A great accomplishment, can't wait to get one. Nice work man!!

Comment

Make it available as an e-book on Amazon and I'll buy one in a heartbeat...No printing costs!

Comment

Originally posted by Mmacro View Post
                                Make it available as an e-book on Amazon and I'll buy one in a heartbeat...No printing costs!
                                It is true that there aren't printing costs, but there are other costs associated with it. The biggest hitters are buying the ISBN number and the fees paid to Amazon for carrying the product. I may do that in the future, but I wanted to see how this goes first. I was always a big fan of having something physical to page through so I went that route first. You're not the only person to mention this, so I may have to reconsider.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                                Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X