Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to finally let the cat out of the bag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine came yesterday as well. I brought it to work today to see if I can send a couple fishermen your way.
    Thanks Alan.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

• Got mine yesterday and plan on starting it soon. My dad actually got a hold of it first and started reading it so now I'll probably have to wait for him to finish.

Comment

• Got mine yesterday!
        <insert witty comment here>

Comment

• Originally posted by buzz View Post
          Mine came yesterday as well. I brought it to work today to see if I can send a couple fishermen your way.
          Thanks Alan.
          That's nice of ya Buzz. Thanks man.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
            Picking mine up at clydes tomorrow.
            Hey Tom, any trouble picking one up at Clyde's? Where did they have it set up? I'm curious.

Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

• Awesome job so far... I made it about 25 pages in before Camden started crying... Your progression as a Fisherman started off very similarly to mine growing up primarily fishing for trout.
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

• Has anyone not gotten their books yet (that hasn't ordered in the last couple of days)? It's been about a week since I sent most out. They say 2-9 days, but most seem to have gotten them closer to 2 days transit.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

• When's your next book??

Comment

• Originally posted by On the fly View Post
                    When's your next book??
                    Hahaha...ya know, after I was done with this one, I took a step back and said there's no way I would do this again! It was a great process to go through once, but it was grueling to be completely honest. But now, a little bit of time has past and the memories of editing at 2AM have faded. I'm may have a change of heart because the feedback has been positive (thanks everyone). I could definitely see doing a 2nd edition to this one in a few years with even more hotspot maps like the ones on the Flats. I guess I'd have to see if people find those maps useful enough to go map the rivers in the bay. There will be new kayaks and products out in a few years too which may make sense to update and keep current...who knows!? The hard part is getting my hands on all the products so I can test them out. Time will tell.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                    Torqeedo Pro Staff
                    Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

• Alan, my book arrived monday. got home from work @ 10pm after odd's and end's @ 1:30pm done cover to cover. excellent read!! I know i will read your book again and again for many reasons. the pic's of the larger Rockfish are magnificent...those fish have made thier journey to our bay @ 20 + or - years and for you to have held them admired thier beauty and then released them to go on with thier true purpose... i hope i earn the privledge to experience that once or twice. reading through has caused me to rethink some of my methods (though limited with modrate success at best) of one or two rockfish 18" to 24" a hanful of times. questions arise... the set up, the water, the pursuit, the paitience, ect...hopefully time will help to become a better fisherman that relies on luck a little less. I truly hope to see you on the Bay it would be a privledge to fish with you. Thanks and Much Success with your Book!! Phil

Comment

• Alan, I received my book Wednesday. It looks great! I can't wait to compare notes on the Flats as I grew up Perryville and fished them since I could hold a fishing pole. I leave for the OBX next Friday and your book will make for nice relaxing beach reading material. Thanks again!

Comment

• Originally posted by YaknBass View Post
                          Alan, my book arrived monday. got home from work @ 10pm after odd's and end's @ 1:30pm done cover to cover. excellent read!! I know i will read your book again and again for many reasons. the pic's of the larger Rockfish are magnificent...those fish have made thier journey to our bay @ 20 + or - years and for you to have held them admired thier beauty and then released them to go on with thier true purpose... i hope i earn the privledge to experience that once or twice. reading through has caused me to rethink some of my methods (though limited with modrate success at best) of one or two rockfish 18" to 24" a hanful of times. questions arise... the set up, the water, the pursuit, the paitience, ect...hopefully time will help to become a better fisherman that relies on luck a little less. I truly hope to see you on the Bay it would be a privledge to fish with you. Thanks and Much Success with your Book!! Phil
                          Thanks Phil. You're right...those things are magnificent. Every time I get excited about holding one and I love setting them back in the water for someone else. I'll fish with ya any day. The privilege is all mine. Thanks for the feedback.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                          Torqeedo Pro Staff
                          Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

• Originally posted by SuskyStripers View Post
                            Alan, I received my book Wednesday. It looks great! I can't wait to compare notes on the Flats as I grew up Perryville and fished them since I could hold a fishing pole. I leave for the OBX next Friday and your book will make for nice relaxing beach reading material. Thanks again!
                            Read up and I'll catch you on the way back. Hit me up and we'll grab a drink or some lunch. I'd love to compare notes. That's a great idea.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                            Torqeedo Pro Staff
                            Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

• Allan,
                              I received the book yesterday and had a few hours available to read it. Great job. I'm pretty experienced in a kayak but have been limited to fishing freshwater rivers and lakes in the Pennsylvania area so your book is a great help as I look for other fishing venues in salt water. I periodically fish for largemouth bass on the North East River so I am familiar with the area around the Susqy Flats. The book will help me as I venture out for stripers. I was particularly interested in the discussion of the Hobie Outback seat. I'm about your size (6', 215#s) and experience the same discomfort with the Outback seat as you described. I'm going to look into the Surf to Summit seat that you are using. Your book is a quick read but loaded with practical info that I personally find very helpful especially the specific details on lures to use, as well as rods, reels and line. Thanks for taking the extraordinary amount of time that was involved in writing this book and making it available to us.
                              2012 Hobie Outback
                              2014 Tarpon 100

Comment

• Tochterman's now has a nice supply of signed books. Dea and Tony were very kind to carry it, and their shop is awesome. They carry pretty much every piece of tackle that I recommend. I wandered around for awhile oogling everything. It's pretty rare that I actually walk out of a tackle shop with more money than I went in with

Not a trolling lure, but I've always gotten my Smack-it Jr's from them as well. It's a great top water popper that not a lot of shops seem to carry. I change out the hooks on 'em though.

Kokatat Pro Staff
                                Torqeedo Pro Staff
                                Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Working...
                                X