Striper Fishing Conowingo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Striper Fishing Conowingo

Haven't logged in for a while, thought I'd post a little fishing report ! If you are into some light tackle big fish hook ups!, get into the Susquehanna river! Been catching a ton of stripers sizing anywhere from 20-36 inches in the mornings! Mostly catching my bigger fish in the few afternoons I get out! Catching fish on top water in morning and live lining in afternoons! Have to stress the amount of caution you should take paddling here. The conowingo dam can push some serious water out! Last weekend they pulled out 7 kayakers that had flipped and lost all their gear! If you head out the fishing is great but please go with a buddy and call the conowingo hotline to see how many gates they are running ! I normally won't go out if they are running more than 4 small and 2 large. Even then the water is moving!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Attached Files

Really Nice fish!! Thanks for the report... Are you fishing above where the old bridge was...closer to the dam...curious? You don't have to disclose that info if you don't want to fished the lapidum area a time or two and it seems one may have to pay the dues to learn where to and where not to fish... Congrats Bro!! Nice fish!! Are ya live lining with perch?

Comment

I haven't been able to fish for a couple of weekends. I'm anxious to get some more stripers! Thanks for the report.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

I have launched anywhere from right below the conowingo dam down to deer creek. If you find a rock sticking up
        And the current coming around the sides, a lot of times the fish are on the back side waiting for dinner! Lol and yeah just small white perch

Comment

thanks for the info!!! it is appreciated!! keep hookin em!!

Comment

Awesome report and love the pic of the stripers laying on the rocks. Caught on a Smack It! Nicely done.
            2014 Hobie Pro Angler
            2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

Very nice. Nothing more terrifying than that siren going off when you're down there. Haven't ventured down with a kayak yet but it looks like fun
              Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Nice job Fields, I see Gus is giving you time to fish!

Comment

Why are kayakers flipping? Wouldn't the heavy current just carry them until they get into calmer waters? Experienced but not below the dam when they open the gates, so I would like to know a scenario as to why the kayaker flips. Thanks.
                  Glenn
                  Surf City, NC

Comment

large rocks (lots of they all over)and very fast heavy current,sometimes no time to react or steer clear
                    Snow Camo Lure 11.5
                    Pod mounted 30lbs trolling motor
                    Hummingbird Helix 5
                    Kayak fishing and inviting! Doing what I love!

Comment

Originally posted by blackjack View Post
                      large rocks (lots of they all over)and very fast heavy current,sometimes no time to react or steer clear
                      Yup, if you get pinned against one with current coming full force, you'd be surpised at how quickly things can get out of hand if you're not prepared for it.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                      Kokatat Pro Staff
                      Torqeedo Pro Staff
                      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                      Alan

Comment

Ill leave my favorite rod if i go fishing cono ,just bring bare essentials and a BIG ASS rope attach to a tree!! haha

Comment

Got it. thanks.
                          Glenn
                          Surf City, NC

Comment

Working...
                          X