July 2014 Meet & Greet at Lowes Wharf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rob-kayak View Post
    so in the end I covered 14.5 miles.. my furthest adventure yet... a day I'll never forget.
    Wow, that's more miles than I was figuring. Some of us went around Poplar Island and back to the launch, pretty sure that was the longest trip I've done in a day.

Nice pics all, please keep them coming! Moc, that picture of grass with the kayaker out of focus is very cool!!!

This was my first M&G, I hope to make all of them from now on. It was a fantastic time!

Originally posted by moc View Post
    We were thinking of fishing the afternoon, but it was getting hot outside, our bellies were full and we were tired. So everyone opted to head home after lunch. Good job again Coop1486.
    I was "all in" for afternoon fishing pre-lunch...post-lunch I was "all-in" for going home and relaxing with a beer in the AC.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Another great M&G...Thanks again Coop, that was a great turn out!!

I caught one blue throwing a 1/2 chrome Kastmaster into a huge pod of breaking bait fish. Then I decided to have a leisure day of bottom fishing with fish bites. I kept 15 of my largest spot and enjoyed the company of Frogsauce, a dynamite guy and a veteran! We just finished eating the bluefish, smeared with dijon mustard and brown sugar overnight then blasted in the oven. This is my second blue I cooked and they are quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I guess that's the Dundalk in me!
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Great job on the M&G! Thanks Coop. It was fun to get on the water and meet new folks. I managed to catch 6 shorts.
        Last edited by Goody; 07-13-2014, 03:30 PM.

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

It was a lot of fun hanging out and fishing. The spots wouldn't stop biting! So the wife was pretty happy about that.

I'm not very good with the camera on my phone and I don't trust myself to take it out of the dry box while on the water.

Comment

My dad and I had a great time. It was great seeing old friends, and meeting new ones. And I want a hobie.

My dad and I caught plenty of spot on bloodworms, fbbw, and raw shrimp. And I caught 2 small stripers along the rock piles at the north end of the island.

Lunch was fun with Goody, Daolai and Cowpokey. My dad and I had to leave early to make it home in time to clean the fish for dinner.

Thanks, Coop for coordinating!

Sun Fishin'

Comment

Wow Sun, those fish looks delicious. They look like croakers, not spots.... What is the recipe for them?

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                Wow Sun, those fish looks delicious. They look like croakers, not spots.... What is the recipe for them?
                Thanks, Moc. Actually, the one on the far right is a croaker. The other two are spots.

I didn't do anything special with these guys. Just scaled and cleaned them, salted them, and pan-fried them outside.
                Sun Fishin'

Comment

I am glad everyone had good time ,even though the fishing wasn,'t that great.I just didn't think that many would have showed up.But man was I wrong.You couldn't ask for the weather to be any better.

Thanks everyone that came.See you guy in August at the Meet &Greet host by. Kevin.
                  2012 hobie outback
                  2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Coop,

Had a great time. Glad I didn't have to pour over charts, tables,etc. Just packed myself up and had fun - that's what it's all about. Enjoyed meeting those whom I did. Looking forward to more meet and greets.

Food was great, beer was cold - that just ended the day on a good note.

Thank you for organizing the event!
                    Laura (aka zeebyrd)
                    Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

• Originally posted by coop1486 View Post
                      The July 2014 Meet and Greet will be held on Saturday, July 12th at Lowes Wharf Marina in Sherwood
                      Thanks again Coop !

Made some typo and corrections to my original post...
                      http://www.mychesapeakebay.net/kayak...plarisland.htm

Comment

• Thanks Coop for hosting the meet and greet.
                        Had a great time, caught some fish.
                        I met a lot of members to put the faces with the names

The fishing was decent. Total fish for me was 1 caw nose ray, 1 spot, 15 giant white perch with the largest at 13 1/4 " and 5 dink stripers
                        Saved the last 5 or 6 perch for a fellow board members fish fry

Comment

• Well here is a picture of the fillets of spots that I fried in shallow vegetable oil in an iron skillet.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Looks delicious!
                            Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                            X