July 2014 Meet & Greet at Lowes Wharf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 2014 Meet & Greet at Lowes Wharf

The July 2014 Meet and Greet will be held on Saturday, July 12th at Lowes Wharf Marina in Sherwood, MD. The exact address for your GPS is 21651 Lowes Wharf Road, Sherwood MD. We will launch at 6:30 AM, We will be targeting Spots, Croakers, Perch, Rockfish, and Redfish. There may even be a Speckle Trout mixed in. Lunch will be at 12:30 PM at Lowes Wharf Marina Inn. http://www.loweswharf.com which is next to the launch. Occasionally they have live bands there in the summer while you have your meal.

Lowes Wharf is a public landing in Sherwood Maryland. The landing has not been maintained very well, but the Marina has a boat ramp that the owner of the Restaurant will let us use for our event. This area is very interesting since it is the closet launch for a kayak to get to Poplar Island. There are also two smaller islands near Poplar Island called Jefferson Island and Coaches Island. There are also plenty of shoreline to fish the shallows for Rockfish and Reds. On the Northern point of Poplar Island, boats hang out there and live line for rockfish.

Since weather is always a concern, there will be a plan B launch spot. It is Harris Creek, which is only 15 minutes from Lowes Wharf. Rockfish, Croakers, Perch, Spots and an occasional Reds have been found in this area.

Please reply in this thread if you plan on attending this Meet and Greet, and also if you are planning to attend lunch. I will keep a running list of who is attending for everyone.
    Attached Files
    2012 hobie outback
    2016 feelfree lure 11.5

That sounds like a fun trip. I can't commit yet since I don't have a kitchen pass in hand but will do my best.
    PigPen - Mt Airy
    Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

I'm in. I haven't been to a M&G since early last season. This looks like a fun trip.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
        Don Haller
        Chesapeake Beach, MD
        Blaze Orange, Jackson Kayak "Cuda 14"

“There can’t be good living, where there is not good drinking.”
        – Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hey, I just saw this thread. That weekend I am free, so I am in for fishing and lunch. I have not been there this year yet, but last year I circled the whole area between Lowes Wharf and Poplar Island. I caught Reds, Croakers, Spots, Rocks and Perch. I have included a rough map for those who have never fished the area before. I also included two picture from early August last year.
          Attached Files

Comment

I am in and looking forward to my first meet and greet. In for both fishing and lunch and re-fishing.
            Last edited by daolai; 06-23-2014, 07:33 PM.

Comment

If all goes well, I will be back from New England. So I will be there for both.
              2015 Outback
              2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

The good thing about this launch is that it is closer than I thought at first. It is only an hour drive from the Bay Bridge, Just past St Michaels. I fished the backup location of Harris Creek, which is only a 5 minute drive from Lowes Wharf incase the weather does not cooperate.. I caught rocks, croakers, spots, and perch there. It is a good place to crab too. I believe Coop caught a 26 inch rock there a few weeks ago.

Comment

Not sure if I can make it yet. Will let you know by next week. Haven't even gotten the yak wet this year but this is a great place to start. Was pretty successful there last year with Coop and Moc (although they had to tow me around a bit!). But what's the address for the launch at Harris Creek. I recall that it was public but I don't think Lowe's Wharf was.
                  Hobie Revo 13 (w/ graffiti removed)
                  Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Well, it is July now and the fishing is heating up. It is time to get going the July Meet and Greet at Lowes Wharf. Please post as to whether your coming to fish and whether you are coming to lunch. Remember the launch is at 21651 Lowes Wharf Road, Sherwood MD. The backup location (Plan B) if the winds are too bad is only 5 minutes away from Lowes Wharf and Lunch. It is on Harris Creek at Cummings Creek Ramp, Howeth Road, Wittman, MD 21676. This area offers more protection from the wind if required. There is parking for car top boats and trailers. If you trailer your boat, then you will need a Talbot County permit. At Harris Creek you can catch, rockfish, perch, crabs, croakers, and spots. I have included a pictures of a 26 inch rockfish that I caught in Harris Creek a few weeks ago.
                    Attached Files
                    2012 hobie outback
                    2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Here is a list of those who are tentatively coming:

Coop1486 (Fish and Lunch)
                      PigPen (Fish)
                      Miles to Go (Fish and Lunch)
                      Biggrizzly (Fish and Lunch)
                      MOC (Fish and Lunch)
                      daolai (Fish and Lunch)
                      Kitkatyaker (Fish and lunch)
                      22 Tango (maybe)
                      Dfrank (Fish and Lunch)
                      Milfoil (Fish and Lunch)
                      yakersaltlife (maybe)
                      Surfdog(Fish and Lunch)
                      Sparkyy 1423 (Fish)
                      FishingGreek (Fish and Lunch)
                      Cowpokey (Fish and Lunch)
                      Chuck77(Fish and Lunch)
                      Plastic boat(maybe)
                      Mango and son (Fish andLunch)
                      Zeebyrd maybe (Fish and Lunch)
                      Sun and Dad(fish and lunch)
                      Mark (Fish and Lunch)
                      Raptor(Fish and Lunch)
                      Whisky(Fish and Lunch)
                      Mullet Miller(Fish and Lunch)
                      Drifwood (Fish and Lunch)
                      Goody(Fish and Lunch)
                      Last edited by coop1486; 07-11-2014, 03:32 PM.
                      2012 hobie outback
                      2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Myself and fellow SL member Milfoil will be attending. Thanks

Comment

I am a maybe on both for this. I want to come but might be up late the night before with a MD HOW Fundraiser at Jailbreak Brewery in Savage MD. Hopefully I can make it.
                          Keith
                          2012 Hobie Pro Angler 14

Comment

I can't make it that day since I will be at the Easton Elks Free Kids Fishing Derby. Hope to see you some other date soon though.

Comment

I am tentatively planning to attend the M&G and lunch. Unfortunately, I won't know for certain until Friday, July 11.
                              Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

Working...
                              X