Round kayak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round kayak?

Is it a kayak? A boat? A floating hot tub? I don't know, but its interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OprJtFRHWtk

Sent from the water.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Pretty neat, but I'll stick with my Hobie.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

I didn't watch the entire video but it looks like someone sort of invented a gap to fill between a kayak and a john boat. Definitely an interesting idea but not all that innovative. It seemed like it had an impressive amount of storage for sure though.
      Mike

Comment

I couldn't help but to think of bumper boats when I watched this

Sent from J-Boogie Yak Fishing Headquarters
        Josh

2014 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120

Comment

For ease of curiosity:

http://www.ultraskiff.com
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

I got top and bottom figured out... but where's port and starboard ?

Comment

It looks like the top of a very large beer keg with a trolling motor and seat. It does not look very hydrodynamic.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Back in the early 1960s my buddy had a huge inner tube that was at least 6’ in diameter that was salvaged from some sort of earth moving equipment… The inner tube was about the same size as the Ultaskiff. A round sheet of plywood was fitted and lashed to the top. Many times his parents would drop us off on the Gunpowder River in northern Baltimore County and we’d float downriver from Falls Road to Bluemount Road. The tube/boat was tons of fun but a real bear to paddle.

I noticed in the video they showed only a few seconds of paddling. That’s because a round boat just doesn’t want to travel forward when paddled by one person… round and round you go.
                Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

Looks like a giant ashtray.

Rather unique. Looks like it would be fun on a lake. But it seems you need a pickup truck or a trailer to haul it because they don't show anyone car topping.
                  Last edited by buzz; 06-13-2014, 11:31 AM.
                  2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                  Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Working...
                  X