Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native Slayer Propel 13 is my next addition to the fleet

Board,
    I have fallen in love. I have decide I will purchase a Native Slayer Propel. I have to line up a demo but I am sold on what I have seen. I wish I could get to Seneca next Saturday to see feel and touch it but still not sure if Ill be able to make it. Board experience and input is appreciated.
    Last edited by Deadwood; 06-06-2014, 07:12 AM.
    Deadwood (Dave)
    West River & Miles River
    2-Old Town Dirigo 12's,2-Old Town Vapors 10ft, 1-NWSlayer Propel13.
    If you dont go, you wont know, and you got to have bait in the water.

Congratulations on your choice. The Slayer Propel is an excellent kayak. If you are unable to get a demo from one of the local dealers, let me know. I may be able to meet you in Annapolis and let you take mine out for a short test ride.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

OK John, Thats a nice jesture. Thank You.
      Deadwood (Dave)
      West River & Miles River

Comment

Love mine. And like John said, if you can't get a demo I have two in my garage and you can use one.
        Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
        Cobra Explorer

Comment

I met John yesterday as a matter of fact and gave his a test drive. I wanted to see the difference between it and the Outback, which I ride. The Slayer Propel was an excellent machine and you'll love it, no doubt. I had a great time motoring around on it. There's pro's and con's to each model. The bottom line is that you have to get on it yourself, but you'll have no buyer's remorse either way. Native is a small up and coming company, putting out quality products to compete. I like the brand and the direction they're going...I was fortunate to be able to talk to the owner of Native Watercraft for an hour or so this week. Buy it with confidence. They stand behind the product and manufacturing processes.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Deadwood View Post
            Board,
            I have fallen in love. I have decide I will purchase a Native Slayer Propel. I have to line up a demo but I am sold on what I have seen. I wish I could get to Seneca next Saturday to see feel and touch it but still not sure if Ill be able to make it. Board experience and input is appreciated.
            +1... I've got my demo scheduled at Delaware Paddlesports. I just wish I could have done it sooner. I hope all goes well, if not I guess I will have to "settle" for a PA 12.

Comment

I have a pa12 n fish mostly fresh water n realized today the ability to go in reverse is huge if your trying to sneak up on a lay down n stay on them ... Slayer propel may be in my near future

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
              Zach Moore
              Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
              Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
              Bait Towel Pro Staff
              2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
              YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

What event are they having at Seneca next week?

Comment

Originally posted by stros View Post
                  What event are they having at Seneca next week?
                  Boat Demo Day https://www.facebook.com/events/232625000269059/
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I will be helping out at the Native Watercraft booth and will give a seminar on Getting Started in Kayak Fishing at noon.
                    John Veil
                    Annapolis

Comment

Took the Slayer propel out in the Chesapeake Bay yesterday as a volunteer for the Great Chesapeake Bay swim. Peddled for seven hours while following the swimmers across the Bay. It was very choppy with three foot swells. Sometimes a larger swell would crash over the kayak and I thought for sure I was going to go over, but the Slayer glided through the waves quite we'll, and the reverse option came in handy when I was trying to help about a tired swimmer. My Legs
                      never got tired, which after seven hours, was quite surprised.
                      Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

How did your back feel after the 7 hours? My lower back is still kinda sore after a couple of hours. I'm wondering if it was just me. I tend to have some lower back issues anyway.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Kokatat Pro Staff
                        Torqeedo Pro Staff
                        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                        Alan

Comment

Good job Peggy. I was wondering if anyone was going to be out for that.
                          Deadwood (Dave)
                          West River & Miles River

Comment

Nice work Peggy.
                            John Veil
                            Annapolis

Comment

Thanks, guys. At about the six and a half hour mark I just started to feel a little uncomfortableness on the right side of my lower back, so I stretched a bit and it went away. If the Bay had not been so choppy I would have stood up in the kayak to stretch.
                              Peggy

Cobra Explorer

Comment

Working...
                              X