Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event Three, Upper Potomac, Point of Rocks, Maps & Shuttle discussion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Three, Upper Potomac, Point of Rocks, Maps & Shuttle discussion...

If you are interested in launching up at Lander or Brunswick to float down to Point of Rocks for the tournament post up in this thread if you are looking for partners to coordinate your shuttle with.

I am volunteering to watch gear at Point of Rocks at the end of the day for those who need to drive back to Lander or Brunswick to retrieve their vehicles. We can pull kayaks off to the side and I will keep an eye on everything until you return.

Here are those maps and the links to the ramps

Lander to Point of Rocks is about 2.41 miles (roughly a 2.5 hour float):

http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/boating/...Frederick7.pdf

Brunswick to Point of Rocks is 6.22 miles (roughly a 6.25 hour float):

http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/boating/...Frederick2.pdf

Point of Rocks: http://www.dnr.state.md.us/boating/p...rederick12.pdf
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Hope everyone enjoys the event and fishing is great!! I will be on a boat on our way down to St. Augustine, FL from Chesapeake Beach, MD.

Bryan (heardoncatch) the other co organizer will be handling all the check-ins and everything else.

Comment

My son and I plan to do this one tomorrow and would love to float from Brunswick if we could score a lift back. I have a small trailer, so could help haul a yak up if needed.

Jeff

Comment

No reports on how the event went? Water conditions? I have not fished this section yet this year.
        Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Originally posted by wfauby View Post
          No reports on how the event went? Water conditions? I have not fished this section yet this year.
          The water was around 2.8' and muddy. A 16+" and a 17" smallie was caught but everybody else was catching dinks. People was catching them on green tubes, crankbait, fluke and chatterbait and spinnerbait. But the 16" was caught on a chatterbait and the 17" crankbait.
          2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Wow! Conditions must have been tough if Dave and Berto didn't make the top 10!
            I've never used a chatterbait in the Upper Potomac. I'll have to give one a try sometime during stained water.

Comment

Originally posted by DanMarino View Post
              Wow! Conditions must have been tough if Dave and Berto didn't make the top 10!
              I've never used a chatterbait in the Upper Potomac. I'll have to give one a try sometime during stained water.
              Tom, I was catching smallmouth that did not make it to that first 8" mark on the Hawg Trough. One of the more bizarre days I have ever had on the UP.
              Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

That is a strange one Dave. I haven't hit the Upper Potomac yet this year, but I'm getting the itch. I may have to hit the Patapsco tonight to try and catch a smallie before the rains some over the next couple of days.

Comment

I caught my 16" on a 4" green tube....that's pretty much the only thing I fished all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Berto View Post
                    The water was around 2.8' and muddy. A 16+" and a 17" smallie was caught but everybody else was catching dinks. People was catching them on green tubes, crankbait, fluke and chatterbait and spinnerbait. But the 16" was caught on a chatterbait and the 17" crankbait.
                    Well thats more like it!!! Its a cryin shame a guy has to ask for a fishing report around here! Looks like i may have to give this area a bit more time. We need to consider a float down the Suskquehanna, above Harrisburg PA.
                    Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Well thats more like it!!! Its a cryin shame a guy has to ask for a fishing report around here! Looks like i may have to give this area a bit more time. We need to consider a float down the Suskquehanna, above Harrisburg PA.
                      Wayne, I would be down for a float on the Susky!!!

Comment

HA! I think the reason that no one post a report on the event because the fishing was very tough. I was lucky I caught a couple of dinks haha!
                        I'm down for a float down the Susky!
                        2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Berto, Greg & I communicating now about it...Looks like a day trip, but I might like to stay overnight somewhere afterwards.
                          Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

What were the results? How many anglers? Who won lunker, and how big? Inquiring minds want to know? Do we need to file a "Freedom of information Act" request? Maybe a congressional hearing?
                            Hurricane Skimmer 128
                            WS Pamlico 100

Comment

The results were posted earlier this week. Looked like rough fishing.

Comment

Working...
                              X