Wilson Bridge Sunday morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson Bridge Sunday morning

I had last minute change of plans so I made a run to the Wilson. It was the a nice morning with no wind and a slow current. The Blue Catfish were hitting as soon as the chicken hit the bottom. 25" seemed to be the average size Blue cat. Raw chicken breast is still working well, as is chicken soaked in Cherry Cool aid.

I did catch a few small Rockfish but only in the 12 to 14" range.

100_1687.jpg 100_1690.jpg 100_1692.jpg 100_1693.jpg 100_1695.jpg 100_1696.jpg 100_1699.jpg 100_1701.jpg
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Nice pullage there Jim!! Those things are FAT! LOL Cherry Cool aid though!? Now I have heard it all!

Comment

Those are some nice cats.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Its interesting you mention Cherry KoolAid...because a popular home made bait (which i havent tried) includes using Cherry Jello powder, mixed into Shredded Wheat blocks (the 4"-6" squares) w water...to make a sort of dough ball
        Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

I have had several older guys ask me if I was using Koolaid so I figured I would try it. It did seem to bring a hit when things got slow. I fished one rod with just chicken and one with the Koolaid on it. I would say over all they got about the same number of fish but at diffenet times. Slack tide the Koolaid seemed to help keep the action going.

Koolaid, it's not just for CARP anymore.
          Jim

Hobie Outback
          TKAA member

Comment

Nice catch, the blue cat is a hard hitting fish, where is the best put in to fish at the Wilson Bridge??
            Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140

Comment

Originally posted by pungomd View Post
              Nice catch, the blue cat is a hard hitting fish, where is the best put in to fish at the Wilson Bridge??
              On the Va side there is a floating dock at Jones Point Park in Alexandria. It is at the end of South Royal St. You drop in under the bridge and only have to a few hundred yards to be fishing. Free to park and free to launch.
              Jim

Hobie Outback
              TKAA member

Comment

thanks Jim!
                Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140

Comment

What? No tube n chicken? Come on man!

Sent from the water.
                  Ryan
                  Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                  Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
                    What? No tube n chicken? Come on man!

Sent from the water.
                    How pissed are you guys going to be when I catch a big Rockfish next spring on tube and chicken at the Wilson.

Maybe that will be the winning lure this weekend for the CCA tournament. You know I have to try it now.
                    Jim

Hobie Outback
                    TKAA member

Comment

LOL! And I know you will!! Man I'm really pissed I can't make it this weekend! Just make sure you Kool-aid matches your tube color! ahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
                        LOL! And I know you will!! Man I'm really pissed I can't make it this weekend! Just make sure you Kool-aid matches your tube color! ahahaha
                        Cherry Kool Aid makes bright red almost PINK chicken. J BAy next year...
                        Jim

Hobie Outback
                        TKAA member

Comment

Working...
                        X