No announcement yet.

DIY roof rack cross bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would spread the load a little more, so the kayak would have less chance of getting dented. Especially if it gets left on the rack for a while when it's hot out.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
      It would spread the load a little more, so the kayak would have less chance of getting dented. Especially if it gets left on the rack for a while when it's hot out.
      I'm glad you said that. I did not think about how the noodles would spread the load. I will pick me up a pool noodle before my next outing. Thanks again for the advice!
      Josh

2014 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120

Comment

I don't know what the shape of your keel is, but you might be caving it in with it being upright. You might be able to haul it upside down, so it's supported by the deck opening (gunnel). Anything you can do to keep the integrity in the shape of the bottom of the hull will be better for tracking and minimize drag on the water.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
          I don't know what the shape of your keel is, but you might be caving it in with it being upright. You might be able to haul it upside down, so it's supported by the deck opening (gunnel). Anything you can do to keep the integrity in the shape of the bottom of the hull will be better for tracking and minimize drag on the water.
          I will definitely keep that in mind as well. Thanks!
          Josh

2014 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
          X