Gargatha Flounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gargatha Flounder

Fished Gargatha creek yesterday during the incoming. Caught about a dozen flounder. We kept 5 between two of us. Most were in the 17-19" range. Lost one around 22" at the boat and saw some boat guys catch a few bigger ones, but you have to weed through a bunch of shorts. Minnow and gulp! on a Carolina rig did the trick. Best bite was at the top of incoming.

image.jpg

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Excellent catch!
    I just picked-up a 14' Pro-Angler from Backyard Boats as week. I'm a super newbie...when do you plan on going out again?
    I'd like to tag along if possible.

Comment

Nice catch..
      Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
      Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Klevar1 View Post
        Excellent catch!
        I just picked-up a 14' Pro-Angler from Backyard Boats as week. I'm a super newbie...when do you plan on going out again?
        I'd like to tag along if possible.
        I am not really sure when I will make it down there again. I do not normally target flounder. I only went there because the wind was howling and I already took off work. I see your in VA. It is a long haul from Fredericksburg to Gargatha, but I will send you a PM if I go out again. You should try and attend the June Meet and Greet in Rumbley, MD. It'll be a little closer for you and you can meet a lot of forum members.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Nice work! I had a feeling that's where you went.
          Brian

Comment

WILCO...Already on the calendar.

I'll be there!

Comment

Got a last minute invite to join a friend on his new skill yesterday afternoon. Easily caught 30 flounder. Most were just under but we managed 6 keepers. Five were in the 18-20 range. One 16 incher. Hemmingway was there too. They also caught 6 keepers between two people and a lot of shorts. The fish were caught on just about everything from GULP! to a minnow/GULP! combo. They bit all through the outgoing.

The weekend looks good, so if anyone has the urge to catch a flounder; they're there.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Yep, broiled flounder tonight....just got back from picking up a nice Sauvignon Blanc to go with it My brother and I were hitting .500 on the keeper ratio for the first 45 minutes, and then things slowed down and the fish got smaller. Wish we had gotten there an hour sooner, fairly sure we would have limited out. Best of the day was a 21 in. slab.

Comment

Impressive!!!

Comment

Ravens,

Did you launch off Gargatha Landing boat ramp? I think it's off of 680. Chex and I will be fishing Chincoteague this Fri and will probably swing by and fish the Creek to try our luck.
                    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Sure did. Nice launch. Watch for deer on the way in. They're like lawn ornaments on that road.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Ok, thanks. We've never fished there, but we'll try the Creek leading to the Bay and along the Bay as well. Hope we do as well as you did.

Comment

Try to get out front to the inlet, fish north and south of it concentrating on the marsh creeks that have a hole in front. Good luck!

Comment

What Hemingway said. That's where we fished also. I heard from a friend that there were a few more shorts mixed in lately. He still caught a few keepers with the biggest flounder coming at the top of the high tide when the current was not moving as fast.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Looks like there's three inlets to the creeks at the upper half of Gargatha Bay. Not sure which one you mean. I guess we'll try all of them. Anyway, thanks for the tip. I've got a four hour trip to there, so take-homes would be nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X