Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frogsauce Launch Notices (Chesapeake Beach)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This wastewater spill is annoying. I had to go hunting on my fishing day. But looks like it might be a while before they clear the water for swimming again.

Comment

Clear now
      Cuda 14
      Big tuna

Comment

Might be going out on Sunday morning if the weather holds out.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogsauce View Post
          Might be going out on Sunday morning if the weather holds out.
          Frogsauce, once before you told me you go out on some Mondays. Are you going out June 23?
          Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
          Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
            Frogsauce, once before you told me you go out on some Mondays. Are you going out June 23?
            Yeah I usually go out on Monday's. But not this Monday unfortunately. And probably not today either, also unfortunately.

I'm going to try to get out there sometime this week though. Just not sure which day I will be able to take yet.

Comment

I ended up going out from about 5-7pm to try out the fishbites/gulp bloodworms combo. They worked pretty well once I found a good way to rig them up. Just caught some bottom fish, but I did see a whole lot of fish breaking water again. But again, they didn't bite anything I had. It looked like trout, but I can't be sure of that.

Comment

Had to cancel tomorrows trip...
                Last edited by Frogsauce; 06-25-2014, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Going out tomorrow at 6:30am (Saturday 27th). And then again at 2pm probably, depends on how the morning trip goes. Winds are from the east, so easy return trip if you have a sail.

Comment

How did you do ? Looked choppy out in the bay today. I was crabbing in the creek. It sucked heard a report of a red tide off the beach from a commercial crabber.
                    Cuda 14
                    Big tuna

Comment

Didn't go yet, if I was gonna go today, it would be to play in the surf for sure. Not much fishing to be done out there in the yak.

But tomorrow (Sat), at 0630, I am hoping it will be better.

Comment

Went out today in shifts from brownies beach with a friend and his kids. The green crab pots area produced (spot
                        And croacker) perch were also around for one of north beach.
                        Cuda 14
                        Big tuna

Comment

Yeah man, wen't out from our beach at 6:30am and hooked up with a 25+" striper that bent my hook. Quite a few croaker and spot. Then went out again around 2pm and also caught a lot of Croakers, like 6 total keepers. Had a nice fish fry with a buddy that I was fishing with.

Comment

Nice job on the rockfish.
                            Last edited by Longtrav; 06-29-2014, 09:24 AM.
                            Cuda 14
                            Big tuna

Comment

The rock bit at the gulp bloodworm/fishbites combo too. 2nd time a striper took that bait since I started using last week. Not sure if that is a repeatable pattern or not... but I am targeting the bottom fish, so a surprise striper is nice.

I always go out to 15-30 ft waters. That's where the fishfinder starts pinging fish at. I then look for seaweed or something else on the bottom and fish around that. If the tide is falling, I have noticed that I should move to deeper waters (20-30 ft), and if it's rising I can stay in the 15-20 ft range.

I'm trying to learn how to fish the open water bay, after fishing for years in lakes and rivers.

Comment

Going out today from 3:30pm to 5 or 6 depending on the bite. As long as the weather holds out, which looks like it will so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X