Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frogsauce Launch Notices (Chesapeake Beach)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Learned a trick for blues from an old Salt years ago, and it works great. If your going to keep a blue, stick your knife through both gills an cut down, let the blue bleed out in a bucket of saltwater, you can still clip the stringer through the mouth and keep it in the water after you bleed it. No problems with foul taste.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Yep, similar to what my wife tells me to do. I take the head and guts out, toss that overboard, and drop the rest on ice.

Comment

Planning to head out tonight around 5:30 or 6.

Comment

Big fish are moving through the middle bay. Caught my limit of blues >15" in 2 hours and the larger rocks are starting to turn up as well. I only got one in the boat, but had a couple on line. I am trying to learn how to use this folding net... So far I hate it... But I need to give it a chance.

Comment

hookin up with the blues sounds like a lot of fun!! how big was the striper...that is good news hope the make thier way up to the upper bay thanks for your report!!

Comment

The striper that I got into the boat was a 25" one. The others looked similar, but got off the hook while I was messing with the net trying to learn it.

Comment

thanks!! nice rock @ 25"

Comment

I'm hoping those big 30+ ones start moving in a bit early so I can fish them while it's still warm. I got a couple new trolling setups I wanted to try out on the fall swarm.

Comment

Nice best of luck with trying those new set ups! Hope they put some fish in the yak!! Always nice when your plan is successful...kinda makes ya think ya know what your doin for a minute or two...

Comment

• It was really windy and rougher than normal out there today. Small breaking waves and a pretty strong tide swing. Only blues this morning, not a single rock. Gonna take the evening off.

Comment

Working...
                      X