Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frogsauce Launch Notices (Chesapeake Beach)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frogsauce Launch Notices (Chesapeake Beach)

I extended the offer in a couple other threads, but I thought I would make an official one and just post up whenever I am going out on the bay.

The beach I launch from is the small area just south of the railway museum. Unless you live in our town or you are a guest of the town, they generally frown upon you coming in. But hell, anyone fishing with me is a guest in my book! A heads up is nice, but I won't take attendance before each trip so if you want to go, just show up!

I leave at exactly the launch time. So if you're running late and I am not there it probably means I'm already launching or gone. Just look for me out there or call for Frogsauce on ch 16.

If you need a bait shop before going, check Tylers Tackle just after the right turn onto Bayside Rd.

Probably the safest thing would be to meet me here before the launch time and drop off your yak: Unload Spot (It's at the end of Arcade Ct) Then go park in the rod and reel or Roland's parking lot around the corner. Walk back over and off we go!

Once we launch, your welcome to fish with me and teach me some stuff or go where ever you want. I will usually have my radio. Due to unforeseen circumstances (and fish bites), the return time is not set in stone.

--Frogsauce
    Last edited by Frogsauce; 08-26-2014, 02:32 PM.

May 24th - Leaving at 7am and returning around noon.

I'm bringing blood worms to fish around the obstructions and maybe the ship wreck. Also maybe some trolling in the 20-30 ft waters.

Comment

You have a great looking launch from what the satellite pictures show. Hope to take you up on the offer, won't be right away though.

Does the offer stand for Airmen too? Marines and Airmen never get/got along in my experience. I'm USAF, my Dad was USMC...I spent my first two years in Okinawa, another place jarheads and flyboys seemed to bump heads. LOL.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Thank you very much Frogsauce. The wind is keeping me off the bay today, but I will certainly be looking for your future dates.
        Mighty fine of you to make the offer.

Hope you have a good day out.
        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Possible meet and greet location?

Comment

It was pretty windy today, my 5 lb anchor would hold, but kept me from drifting too fast. It was a good day to paddle though, not too hot and the water wasn't too crowded. I mostly tested the WindPaddle sail I bought. Seems useful as long as the wind is going the direction you want to.

I only caught 2 stripers, both under 18" with an artificial spot rig and then a blood worm. I didn't go out to the obstructions yet, maybe next time.

Comment

Going out tomorrow morning 4am-8am (June 2nd).

Comment

Good idea, I might stop by soon. I've only been out fishing to Chesapeake Beach a few times with no luck.
                2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

It was a wet one today. Winds not in the favor of the return trip.

I couldn't pin point the Obstr marked on the map just east of the rod n reel boat launch. Not many fish on the radar today either.

Comment

June 4: Going out for a quick trip today at 5:30pm. Should be returning back by 7:30pm. The winds look good for the return trip so far.

Comment

Very calm today and lots of fish breaking the water. I didn't have any top water lures and I'm not sure what to use on breaking fish. I tried a few arties but nothing bit. Then I tried a few deep running lures and caught a catfish! Very strange...

Comment

Caught 4-5 keeper sized Croaker on blood worms off the bottom on a short trip out from Ches beach this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogsauce View Post
                          Very calm today and lots of fish breaking the water. I didn't have any top water lures and I'm not sure what to use on breaking fish. I tried a few arties but nothing bit. Then I tried a few deep running lures and caught a catfish! Very strange...
                          When I was out of SPSP one time I remember seeing a bullhead catfish gasping for air near the surface. Since the Chesapeake is brackish water I guess it's still tolerable for certain freshwater species the further North you go. I was fishing in Rhode River for Croaker before and remember seeing a dead common carp as well. The bay really is unique like that, you have both freshwater and saltwater species intermingling.

Originally posted by Frogsauce View Post
                          Caught 4-5 keeper sized Croaker on blood worms off the bottom on a short trip out from Ches beach this morning.
                          Nice, about what size were they? June is the best month for Croaker, get on them while you can. One day they may be there, the next you might not get anything.
                          2010 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Ok I live across the street from this launch so we need to hook up sometime.
                            Cuda 14
                            Big tuna

Comment

Yeah today I only got Spot. From the same place I caught Croaker yesterday. I guess I shouldn't complain, I haven't been skunked yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X