Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kayak fishing spots near northern harford county?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kayak fishing spots near northern harford county?

I recently just purchased my kayak. I'm new to kayak fishing, but not fishing and was wondering if you guys could give a few spots i could go to fish besides below the conowingo dam. I mainly fish for largemouth and smallmouth. Thanks!

I fish in freshwater fairly often. Centennial Lake is not bad. I was just there yesterday and did well, as did most of the gentlemen that I talked to yesterday. You can go a bit west and go to Piney Run. I have had hit or miss fishing there. I think I just don't know where to catch 'em is all. Tridelphia is not bad from what I hear either. I have only been there once and it was not in my kayak, I went in a friend's little johnboat.

Comment

Broad creek would be a great location, which is above the dam on the Harford County side off Flintville Rd. It's mainly largemouth territory until you reach the mouth of Conowingo Pond...then the odds increase on catching smallmouth. Another great spot is the Bush River in Edgewood. One launch is Otter Point Landing, another is Willoughby Beach Boat Ramp. It's a nice spot for tidal largemouth with a mixture of stripers, perch and canal catfish.

The best Harford County fishery is of course the Susky below the dam...if you are worried about rough waters below the dam, you can launch at Lapidum Rd and huge the shore casting into the banks. Check out "the working fisherman" on youtube...he has many great videos on bass fishing in Harford County. All the waters that he fishes are easily accessible with a kayak.
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

thank you to both of you, you guys gave me a lot of good info. good luck out there!!

Comment

Working...
        X