Meet and greet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet and greet

Is there a place and time for forum members to get to have an opportunity to meet and greet any time soon? For us Novice rank beginners, this is an opportunity to ask the really "dumb" questions verbally that someone that has kayaking experience does instinctly without thinking about it...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

First ........ the only DUMB question is the 1 you don't ask ........ everybody had to start somewhere and everybody is at a different place in their experience .......... and the only DUMB person is the one that thinks he can't learn something from each and every individual ........ or the one that doesn't ask the question ...... because in reality ...... asking the question benefits everyone ..........

So don't EVER feel dumb about any question .......

ever ever ever ever ................ ever ...

Second, meet and greets are usually once a month ..........

Comment

Should have one coming up soon, hopefully heading to the flats around mid April. And usually I am at Kent Island kayaks in Kent Narrows on Thurs and Friday and some Saturdays depending on FD schedule, Pm or text if in area.
      Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
      LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

I live in St. Mary's county, so you can give me a holler if you have any questions or want to see some piece of equipment first hand.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Originally posted by Tucked In View Post
          Should have one coming up soon, hopefully heading to the flats around mid April. And usually I am at Kent Island kayaks in Kent Narrows on Thurs and Friday and some Saturdays depending on FD schedule, Pm or text if in area.
          Is it possible to launch from there? Do you all carry precision pak merchandise?
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Yes the shop does carry precision pak merchandise, what are you looking for, and launching here is a bit of a pain you have to carry your kayak to the dock but I am working on a place across the way which has a nice sandy lauching point about 75 yards from the sea wall.
            Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
            LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

There is a boat ramp under the west side of the Kent Narrows bridge.

Did anyone hear if they turned the old boat ramp by the DNR station into the kayak launch area they were talking about ?
              Last edited by plastic boat; 03-25-2011, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X