Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry bags

The local Wally World has some starting around $5.00 for the 20L size
    I picked up 1 Monday, filled it with rocks and placed it in a laundry sink filled with water. Well I just remember to check on it ( 3 days later). Guess what, to my surprise it was still dry inside, I will have to go and get a couple more. They also have a couple of larger sizes.

I got one dry bag with my kayak but was wondering how many dry bags people bring for a day trip. I was thinking one for extra clothes and one for a safety kit but I wasn't sure what else people stowed in their dry bags.

Comment

My first aid/safety kit is in a lg mouth water bottle. a second water bottle holds a space blanket, flashlite, extra batteries, compass, mirror, duct tape, matches, heavy duty side cutter and super glue. The rest of the safety gear that I should never need is sealed in a bag from my food saver vacuum packer.

Comment

my safety kit is a kayak specific one and it came in its own plastic bag. I keep that inside a large army surplus dry bag with extra clothes. The army surplus bag is a good way to go since you can usually get them pretty cheap, are large and do the job pretty well. I think I spent 5 bucks for it.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Working...
        X