Noaa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noaa

What is up with Noaa charging $15 dollars now????????

I purchased this years fishing license already but have not registered with noaa yet. I wonder if DNR will check for the noaa registration. I got stopped by dnr last year but they did not even ask for the noaa registration. Almost $100 for a fishing license is kinda ridiculous.
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

I thought in MD we were automatically covered with the regular saltwater, bay sport purchases.
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Maryland registers you automatically for free when you buy your license. You don't have to pay NOAA directly.
      Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
      Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

I guess i mis-read their site. So do we need to carry the noaa registration card? I got one last year from them when i registered.

im confused
        Hobie Revolution 13
        Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

you are solid if you have a maryland baysport license. the reason you give them your phone number is to register you with noaa and they already have your other info from your license.
          Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

cool..thanks guys
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

From NOAA's web site

Starting January 1, 2011, if you have a saltwater recreational fishing license or registration from any state or U.S. territory EXCEPT Hawaii, New Jersey, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, you are AUTOMATICALLY registered and do not need to take further action. The fee for registering beginning January 1, 2011 is $15 for most people.

The states that you need a noaa license is New Jersey and Hawaii. They still do not have a saltwater license.
              Why let the feds have your money when the states could have it

But if you have a saltwater license from any other state you don't need one to fish in NJ, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands

Comment

one good thing is its reciprocal with VA salt and bay but you still have to get a VA fin number for any salt water fishing. i was checked yesterday and they didnt ask for a FIN number.

Comment

Wow, fishing is getting as bad as filing you income taxes. At least then I can use turbo tax. Someday there may need to be turbofins. Of course, by then there won't be any fish anyway.

PS: Whoa, had to come back to this. The Hobie guys already have turbofins, will have to call it something different.
                  Last edited by DOGFISH; 03-23-2011, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X