Sandy Point Jetty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandy Point Jetty

anybody have pics of the new jetty they are building? curious as to what it will look like. suppose to be wider, smoother and taller.
    sigpic

Did not take any pix coming back from RB on sunday, it did look like it will be a little more than 2x wide.
    08' Hobie Revolution - Ivory Dune

Comment

they were working on it when i drove by this past weekend. they are going to make it flatter and wider. there were 2 huge rock piles when i drove by. they are also making somekind of platform before the jetty, not sure what its going to be used for.
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Originally posted by Grilled Sardine View Post
        they were working on it when i drove by this past weekend. they are going to make it flatter and wider. there were 2 huge rock piles when i drove by. they are also making somekind of platform before the jetty, not sure what its going to be used for.
        I'll bet it's a kayak launch NOT

And I'll bet it will make the jetty off limits to the jetty anglers

Comment

Originally posted by plastic boat View Post

i will take some pix the next time i fish there. the reason for the rebuild is to even out the top so anglers will be safer to walk out and fish, looks higher and wider

Comment

Originally posted by plastic boat View Post

i thought the point of restoring it was for the angler??

too bad for the boat traffic while fishing.

eitherway, i have never had luck on it for anything other than spot, but it's nice for surf fisherman to have other options.
            sigpic

Comment

it should be a good spot after they flatten the top, walking out with some BKDs or flys at night might be outstanding if its not crowded

Comment

Working...
              X