Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VuDism View Post
    Is this what you speak of?...
    Yes, people fish from there all the way down to slavins ramp on a regular basis. it may get shallow at low tide?? but should be fishable. and I know snakeheads were caught there last Friday.

Comment

Two Sundays ago, chimo said there was a tree down that you have to portage around.
      You might want to bring a saw just in case.

I'm not going to be able to make it down till low tide. By then the tourney should be just about over, so I'm going to put in at the ramp.
      2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
      Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I've caught my all my snakehead with frog. Other way to kill or controller snakehead is to wack it on the head. But make you to take a couple of hard swing because sometime you just knock them out and they wake up piss as hell! LOL! I used part of old table leg to stun or kill the snakehead. What I do is once I knock them out I take a knife to aross the spine. Here are the snakeheads I caught last year at Mattawoman. I launch off at the top of the creek by 225 bridge. Focus around edge of spatterdock or by the bank. Good Luck!

you can see the table leg I use in this pic.
        2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by Berto View Post
          I've caught my all my snakehead with frog. Other way to kill or controller snakehead is to wack it on the head. But make you to take a couple of hard swing because sometime you just knock them out and they wake up piss as hell! LOL! I used part of old table leg to stun or kill the snakehead. What I do is once I knock them out I take a knife to aross the spine. Here are the snakeheads I caught last year at Mattawoman. I launch off at the top of the creek by 225 bridge. Focus around edge of spatterdock or by the bank. Good Luck!

you can see the table leg I use in this pic.
          Real nice ! I actually saw your video from another Bass Fishing forum. I was lurking around researching and saw your post.
          I think it was kayakbassfishing.com or something.
          Sevylor SK100DS Inflatable

Comment

Ha! Yeah it was kayakbassfishing.com
            2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

When you launch at 225 bridge, go downstream and keep going. It will open up. You will have to "drag" at a couple of spots around low tide (you can float that whole section around high tide). See the image, once you get to the end of that red line you are out of the shallow, drag area.

One other note. If we have had a serious amount of rain (a "real gully-washer"), it can be hard to paddle back up that creek to the 225 bridge at the end of the day. We found that out the hard way last summer.

Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I was there today and saw several snakeheads. I had two pull downs but no hookup with a top water frog. best thing to do right now is work the clear shallow water by downed timber in small coves. when the tempture increases start fishing the heavy cover and ambish spots with a frog. Do small pops in 4-5 foot increments then pause for a second, then continue woth your retrieve. The water is still a bit to cold and is making them not to active however they are moving them selves in. When the water hits 68-72* standby because they will be in their thick. I fish mattawoman all the time and go almost only for snakehead. Good luck.

Comment

Here are some results from this morning

Bass on white chatter bait

Snakehead on Green/yellow ZMAN Chatter Frog

Comment

Well done Vu that's a nice looking Snakehead

Comment

Nice looking snakehead. So jealous.
                      Hobie Outback
                      Stand Up Paddle Board
                      Pelican 100

Comment

Originally posted by clm View Post
                        Nice looking snakehead. So jealous.
                        I'm jealous too as my dad caught the snakehead. Not me. I only caught the bass...

However I did give him the lure to use to catch it

Comment

Awesome! I've been wanting to drive down there for years to try for one. Maybe this year.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                          Kokatat Pro Staff
                          Torqeedo Pro Staff
                          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                          Alan

Comment

How did you all cook it? Caramel fish is one of my favorites! If I even catch a snakehead I will definitely try it that way!

Comment

For those of you who are worry about releasing/killing snakeheads, I have a story for you. Last year a friend invited me to go fishing to PLO. it was around the 4th of July weekend so the park was full and we had to find another place to launch from. He decided to go to another place so he took me to Buzz's Marina. When we got there and as we are getting to launch, the owner of the marina is walking toward his office with a beautiful ten pound snakehead he had just caught from the pier right there in the marina. Needless to say I was shocked because the St Jerome Creek flows out to the Chesapeake Bay. If you Google search Buzz Marina in MD you will see how far that is from the upper Potomac. My point is that snakeheads are here to stay whether we kill them or not, they will find a way to survive. Let's enjoy them while they are here because they sure are a lot of fun to catch.
                              Last edited by charlieru; 04-28-2014, 09:03 AM. Reason: mispelled

Comment

Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
                                How did you all cook it? Caramel fish is one of my favorites! If I even catch a snakehead I will definitely try it that way!
                                We ended up cooking it caramel fish and sour soup... the fish was big enough for 2 dishes !

Snakeheads are awesome

Comment

Working...
                                X